Beating Tulsa

FreshJacket85

Varsity Lurker
Keys to a big GT victory on the blue turf:

1) Reuben Houston blitzing. Does anyone know why Tenuta doesn't use RH's speed on the pass rush until the 4th quarter. It's not like RH's coverage skills have been stellar.

2) Not running screen plays on 4th and long situations. One of the reasons I really feel we may need a real offensive coordinator next year.

3) Mix a few long passes up the middle into our game plan. Cut-backs on 3rd and 10 can only move our offense so much.

4) Run up the middle as much as possible with PJ. Easily the weakest part of their team(talentwise) is their rush defense. Their Defensive Tackles and middle linebackers are not to be feared by any means.

5) Don't give up many yards after the catch, especially to their talented tight-end. This means no more arm-tackles.

If we do these things, the 10 Tech fans at the H-Bowl will be justified in the tearing down of the goalposts.

Good post. I agree with all except RH.

I think RH is a good cover man. The guy is just a sophomore - he will be REAL good next year and better in two.

I know I've used this one too much, but Bruce Thornton at UGA was the absolute whipping boy first year at CB (after RB) and was all-sec the next. RH has had a much better season than that guy first time - and if he improves at all - which he will - watch out.

I've played CB and I can tell you that after a point, it becomes purely mental. It's one of those positions where the offseason actually helps you. He will think about so much and get so much better - along with film of course.

I really think our DB's will all be just incredible next year.

On the H Bowl - He will get picked on a bit, but I say he steps up. Just a feeling. I will expect to be called out if I'm wrong.

If you write a post about it and I don't respond, it means I read it, but you were right:)

Back