BeeBad's Magical Mystery Lunch Bunch Tour... Part I

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
BeeBad\'s Magical Mystery Lunch Bunch Tour... Part I

Some of you have expressed an interest at hearing a report of my trip to the Lunch Bunch this past Monday..... This thread is mainly for those of you who either haven't heard gailey speak or haven't been to a Lunch Bunch... I had the opportunity to do both this past Monday and it was time well spent.....

The following thoughts & opinions are mine & mine alone... That's all they are is opinions, I'm not presenting them as anything more than that....If it gives you indigestion, causes great anguish for you, creates anger & depression deep in your soul to read my thoughts, I suggest you skip the rest of this post & proceed directly to this link: web page

On Monday I figured I would head over to Frankie's to listen to gailey speak on the upcoming season... Like him or not he is the GT Coach, the season is starting & if you are both a football fan & a TRUE GT Football fan you would make every attempt to be there.... For those of you who are out of town or aren't familiar with this establishment, it is on the North Perimeter, directly inside 285... It is about as centrally located as you can get for all your white collar engineering type folks... It is a very large sports bar with quite a significant main bar area....Based on this & the very accomodating 11:45 AM starting time I figured that this place would be packed...

Many people on this board have "shouted" me down with threats & personal attacks & innuendoes.. because they "SUPPORT" gailey 'cause no matter what he does.. he is the GT Head Coach.. & they will ALWAYS support the GT Head Coach thru thick & thin... NO MATTER WHAT ! Based on the the convenient time & location & all of gailey's support that has been blasted down on me the past few months... figured I better get to Frankie's at the very least a half hour before the starting time...

The parking lot was packed when I got there at 11:15, had to park quite a ways & walk... Upon entering Frankie's I was discouraged to see that that many of the tables were already occupied in the areas that I could observe & that I probably wouldn't be able to find a decent seat yet alone a place close to the podium like I had intended... maybe not a seat at all.. My impression was... hmmmmm, you've been DEAD WRONG about gailey... those people on StingTalk & The Dive were right !! gailey DOES have tremendous support !!.... This place is rocking !!

A hostess came right over and I told her that I was there to see the GT Football coach speak... I half expected her to laugh & then turn me away, based on the number of people already there & the many well-heeled Big-Time SUPPORTERS of gailey that were surely enroute & had reserved seats... Figured that even if only 1/10th of all the people who have cursed, ridiculed & berated those of us who have dare criticize gailey were gonna be there.. gailey's gonna pull a THOUSAND PEOPLE !!

Well... what happened next can only be described as utterly shocking... Rather than summarily dismissing me for my ignorace at showing up so late, the young hostess simpled turned around, pointed, and said these unforgettable words... "The Georgia Tech thing is in the little room straight ahead in the back"...

Stay Tuned for Part II...
BeeBad & gailey - Together At Last...

This Report has been brought to you by The Miller Brewing Company.. "If you've got the time, we've got the beer"....

Re: BeeBad\'s Magical Mystery Lunch Bunch Tour... Part I

I'm quivering with anticipation for Part Deux.

Beebad, can you please capitalize Gailey's name when you start slamming him. I know you like to disrespect him by doing that, but it is very annoying. Kinda like you.

Tell on me!!!!! Tell the admins!!!!!

Beebad...where is part II, Or is it that long? I am looking forward to this b/c I think you might say some good stuff

JJacket - I've told him that repeatedly as well. I guess it is a "harsh" form of disrepect... I'm sure Coach Chan cries over it every night because him and Beebad are so tight!
rolleyes.gif

Damn Beebad. How long does it take for you to edit all of your vitriolic crap? Just can't wait for some of your whitty sarcasm and lower cased g's. And then there's your new routine of reporting people to the admins because they hurt your feelings. Great stuff whiner.

Hey peepad! If it is such a Dive, then stay away from it!
behead.gif

Not that BeeBad has a ton of credibility, but I was there...

The room where the Lunch Bunch is held is the largest of all the dining areas that Frankie's has to offer.

I got there at 11:40 (for a 12:00 start) and the room was crowded enough that my friend and I had to share a table with several other people.

Sounds like beenad has taken "artistic liberty" in creating his The Lunch Bunch Series.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Some of you have expressed an interest at hearing a report of my trip to the Lunch Bunch this past Monday..... This thread is mainly for those of you who either haven't heard gailey speak or haven't been to a Lunch Bunch... I had the opportunity to do both this past Monday and it was time well spent.....

The following thoughts & opinions are mine & mine alone... That's all they are is opinions, I'm not presenting them as anything more than that....If it gives you indigestion, causes great anguish for you, creates anger & depression deep in your soul to read my thoughts, I suggest you skip the rest of this post & proceed directly to this link: web page

On Monday I figured I would head over to Frankie's to listen to gailey speak on the upcoming season... Like him or not he is the GT Coach, the season is starting & if you are both a football fan & a TRUE GT Football fan you would make every attempt to be there.... For those of you who are out of town or aren't familiar with this establishment, it is on the North Perimeter, directly inside 285... It is about as centrally located as you can get for all your white collar engineering type folks... It is a very large sports bar with quite a significant main bar area....Based on this & the very accomodating 11:45 AM starting time I figured that this place would be packed...

Many people on this board have "shouted" me down with threats & personal attacks & innuendoes.. because they "SUPPORT" gailey 'cause no matter what he does.. he is the GT Head Coach.. & they will ALWAYS support the GT Head Coach thru thick & thin... NO MATTER WHAT ! Based on the the convenient time & location & all of gailey's support that has been blasted down on me the past few months... figured I better get to Frankie's at the very least a half hour before the starting time...

The parking lot was packed when I got there at 11:15, had to park quite a ways & walk... Upon entering Frankie's I was discouraged to see that that many of the tables were already occupied in the areas that I could observe & that I probably wouldn't be able to find a decent seat yet alone a place close to the podium like I had intended... maybe not a seat at all.. My impression was... hmmmmm, you've been DEAD WRONG about gailey... those people on StingTalk & The Dive were right !! gailey DOES have tremendous support !!.... This place is rocking !!

A hostess came right over and I told her that I was there to see the GT Football coach speak... I half expected her to laugh & then turn me away, based on the number of people already there & the many well-heeled Big-Time SUPPORTERS of gailey that were surely enroute & had reserved seats... Figured that even if only 1/10th of all the people who have cursed, ridiculed & berated those of us who have dare criticize gailey were gonna be there.. gailey's gonna pull a THOUSAND PEOPLE !!

Well... what happened next can only be described as utterly shocking... Rather than summarily dismissing me for my ignorace at showing up so late, the young hostess simpled turned around, pointed, and said these unforgettable words... "The Georgia Tech thing is in the little room straight ahead in the back"...

Stay Tuned for Part II...
BeeBad & gailey - Together At Last...

This Report has been brought to you by The Miller Brewing Company.. "If you've got the time, we've got the beer"....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">SUMMARY: My name is beebad. I've taken sarcasm lessons from Old Crabby Techster. Maybe, one day, I'll come up with an original thought. Perhaps, it will be in part 2 of my post.....

Stay Tuned.

Originally posted by JJacket:
[QB]Beebad, can you please capitalize Gailey's name when you start slamming him. I know you like to disrespect him by doing that, but it is very annoying. Kinda like you.
QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">JJ.. Coaches have to earn the right to be called coach, & have their names capitalized.. I liken it to how some schools reward their players with decals for their helmets (GA - bones), (Ohio State - buckeyes)... Based on how we ended last year gailey has not earned any rewards.. Should he beebad & beat BYU with a solid, well-coached effort he just may earn "capitalization"... status...

Stay tuned for Part II - BeeBad & gailey together at last... The unforgettable look at the real status of the GT Football Program... from the man you have all come to know as the Abe Lincoln of GT sports...

BOOOOOOOOOOOO no part II
bsmeter.gif

I am waiting. Would love to hear what he had to say.

As most of you know, the Lunch Bunch is a regular meeting on Mondays at lunch hosted by the North Metro Georgia Tech Club. The guys that run the meetings do a great job.

Visitors are always welcome and even encouraged; but the regular event (only halted through the summer) is not heavily advertised.

Typically, anywhere from 20-40 die-hard Tech fans attend. The biggest speakers (O'Leary, Braine, Hewitt) might sometimes more-or-less fill the room with (I am guessing here) maybe 60-80 people or so.

Coach Gailey last week drew easily one of the biggest crowds ever: perhaps 80-100 people or more. We filled the room and ran out of chairs and asked the bar to let us get extras; however, the managers wouldn't let us because we would block egress for their servers coming through. The servers had to serve our drinks from 'to-go' cups because they ran out of regular ones and they also didn't have enough silverware for the much-larger-than-usual crowd.

Coach Gailey got a standing ovation on the way to the podium and again as he was leaving. I think everyone stood up (at least among those I saw); although I noticed two people were not applauding much. I presume one of them had to be Beebad.

Coach Gailey was, as always, as frank and straightforward as he can be in a public environment. He focused on the team's strengths; but he didn't dodge any questions or try to spin anything to please the crowd.

While it is beside the point: I would say there are about 10-15 regulars at Lunch Bunch, although this changes somewhat as people's job demands vary. I know it is difficult for some people to take off from work regularly for a lunch; and many people are not aware of the group.

I moved one of my companies' board meetings (we alwas met monthly on Mondays at lunchtime) to a later time so I could attend more frequently. The meetings are great; and it is always a pleasure to meet and visit with the wonderful Tech fans that come by. It is also a fantastic venue to talk sports, politics, etc.

At any rate, if anyone is interested, come and join us on Mondays for lunch. I can't speak for anyone else, but I would welcome and perhaps enjoy meeting even Beebad and MsTechAnalysis; although I doubt they would like to hear much from me.

Thanks JacketsRule, appears you have been there a lot, know a lot about it, and can easily assess the effectiveness of the crowd.

Father Time

Originally posted by jacketsrule:
As most of you know, the Lunch Bunch is a regular meeting on Mondays at lunch hosted by the North Metro Georgia Tech Club. The guys that run the meetings do a great job.

Visitors are always welcome and even encouraged; but the regular event (only halted through the summer) is not heavily advertised.

Typically, anywhere from 20-40 die-hard Tech fans attend. The biggest speakers (O'Leary, Braine, Hewitt) might sometimes more-or-less fill the room with (I am guessing here) maybe 60-80 people or so.

Coach Gailey last week drew easily one of the biggest crowds ever: perhaps 80-100 people or more. We filled the room and ran out of chairs and asked the bar to let us get extras; however, the managers wouldn't let us because we would block egress for their servers coming through. The servers had to serve our drinks from 'to-go' cups because they ran out of regular ones and they also didn't have enough silverware for the much-larger-than-usual crowd.

Coach Gailey got a standing ovation on the way to the podium and again as he was leaving. I think everyone stood up (at least among those I saw); although I noticed two people were not applauding much. I presume one of them had to be Beebad.

Coach Gailey was, as always, as frank and straightforward as he can be in a public environment. He focused on the team's strengths; but he didn't dodge any questions or try to spin anything to please the crowd.

While it is beside the point: I would say there are about 10-15 regulars at Lunch Bunch, although this changes somewhat as people's job demands vary. I know it is difficult for some people to take off from work regularly for a lunch; and many people are not aware of the group.

I moved one of my companies' board meetings (we alwas met monthly on Mondays at lunchtime) to a later time so I could attend more frequently. The meetings are great; and it is always a pleasure to meet and visit with the wonderful Tech fans that come by. It is also a fantastic venue to talk sports, politics, etc.

At any rate, if anyone is interested, come and join us on Mondays for lunch. I can't speak for anyone else, but I would welcome and perhaps enjoy meeting even Beebad and MsTechAnalysis; although I doubt they would like to hear much from me.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanx for checking in, jacketsrule... It would be a pleasure to meet you sometime... My observations were slightly different than you regarding this Monday, and I will be presenting them to my constituency very soon in the Part II of this amazing Magical Mystery Tour... Feel free to chime in if your observations differed from mine...

Love,
BeeBad

Hey beebad,

Just curious. Did you stand up and/or applaud Chan? Is your first name Jim? If so, I might have seen you at the meeting.

I look forward to your post on your version of what happened. Did you feel that Coach Gailey was dodging questions? Did you have any questions for him?

If you come to another meeting, look me up. Some of the people there know me from my handle.

I might honestly enjoy a conversation with you. I will try to be as respectful and humble as possible.

Also, are you going out to Provo? If so, perhaps I will see you out there. A lot of us will be tailgating at the La Quinta.

Love AND KISSES,

Jacketsrule

hey beebad, do you think you'll post Part II before the kickoff at BYU?

Back