Before Chan:

2001 National Ranking

Coach O'Brien's Offense ranked #34 in Total Offense
Coach Roof's Defense ranked #32 In Total Defense

After Chan:

2002 National Ranking

Coach O'Brien's offense (throttled by Chan) ranked #57 in Total Offense
Coach Tenuta's defense ranked #50 in Total Defense

2003 National Ranking (thru the Vandy game)

Coach Gailey/Rix/Geis offense ranked #112 in Total Offense
Coach Tenuta's defense ranked #40 in Total defense

It is obvious that Chan has run our formerly potent offense into the ground.

It is also equally obvious that even though many of you try to build up Coach Tenuta....he has not....I repeat...he has NOT improved our defense.

This coaching staff was a definite step BACKWARD.

I agree with everything except your comments on Tenuta. He is doing what he can with a much depleted corp. Few miracles when you are that thin. The players on defense did not seem fired up at Nashville, and our pass defense looked alot like Roof's, but guys are going to get tired when they are asked to go back on the field after 3 and out time and time again. Our offense is our defense's biggest problem.
BOO

beeware:
astoundingly accurage, but this is 2003; different strenths, different foes, differnt scheduling; different.............

Your attempt is somewhat misguided in that you use statistics but fail to consider circumstances surrounding each season.

The 2001 Tech team may have been the most talented since 1990. The 2002 edition was less talented (though still very good) and the 2003 edition was the 1st team in years whose talent level alarmed you coming into the season.

No one would argue that Gailey has had the same level of talent to use as O'Leary in 2001. If that can be said the year after next, it will be no one's fault but his. But, recruiting momentum was lost in the transition. Very few coaches are able to avoid that. Injuries (Hollings, Gathers, Hatch, Ford to name a few) have hurt the team as well as the infamous flunkgate scandal. I personally do not blame Gailey much (if at all) for those.

On paper, I saw a three to four win team and that is about what we are seeing (though the win over Auburn and the tight game with FSU were totally unexpected).

BeeWare, although all you did present facts, I will present some facts that may skew part of the post.

O'Brien had an experienced Godsey in 2001 and the offensive scoring output was down from 2000. The next year, 2002, O'Brien was again the OC and the offense dropped for the second straight year under O'Brien.

Father Time

and another fact, Beeware is a broken record without offering his version of a 'solution'.

So BW, what exactly were the constants in your oh-so-scientific study? In order to put this squarely on the Coaches or in your case CCG, we'd have to have the same players at the same level with the same schedule in the same order. But wait, you're a UGAg fan so that all probably just went over your head.

Before Beeware:
Intelligent posters dealing with intelligent posters.

After Beeware:
Complete idiots dealing with complete idiots.

hitit.gif

You guys who keep crying about talent need to realize that part of making a million bucks is not just having fun "calling the plays" but operating a PROGRAM. That includes strength and conditioning, hiring assistant coaches and recruiting.

As for Godsey, the last staff should be given credit - they developed him.

This staff has yet to prove they can consistently prepare a team to play or develop players.

Ahso you always point out that O'leary's success came from Friedgen. That may be so BUT IT IS UP TO THE HEAD COACH to hire good assistants and let them coach. The bottom line is he was here and produced for Georgia Tech.

As you know I am no GOL die hard,I've dished out much criticism such as Burns running out of bounds, kicking the ball out of bounds vs. GA, and hiring that moron for a def. coordinator back when we had Brooking but gave up 480 yards per game. But overall, when I paid my money, I knew our kids were going to be prepared and ready to fight.

That is starting to look awfully good right now.

Originally posted by Father WASP:
You guys who keep crying about talent need to realize that part of making a million bucks is not just having fun "calling the plays" but operating a PROGRAM. That includes strength and conditioning, hiring assistant coaches and recruiting.

As for Godsey, the last staff should be given credit - they developed him.

This staff has yet to prove they can consistently prepare a team to play or develop players.

Ahso you always point out that O'leary's success came from Friedgen. That may be so BUT IT IS UP TO THE HEAD COACH to hire good assistants and let them coach. The bottom line is he was here and produced for Georgia Tech.

As you know I am no GOL die hard,I've dished out much criticism such as Burns running out of bounds, kicking the ball out of bounds vs. GA, and hiring that moron for a def. coordinator back when we had Brooking but gave up 480 yards per game. But overall, when I paid my money, I knew our kids were going to be prepared and ready to fight.

That is starting to look awfully good right now.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yep. But again, we need a new AD for anything good to happen in the future (with or without Chan). But, as Chan has said rightfully so, "you line up and play em on Saturday (or thursday)." There are no excuses in life. Circumstances are part of life. It's how you deal with them that makes a great leader. Braine the Blamehead has not set a good example, obviously. But again, no excuses. Excuses are not part of the big picture, I am sure you would agree. It amazes me all the "circumstances" fodder to refute. this team had plenty of talent before Chan got here. We still have the talent this year to win 6 games. There are no excuses. Good post Father.

On the funny side, one has to admire beeware because he is a supporter and it seems as if he does go to all the games. Wish I could afford to go to all the away games. But what is funny is can you imagine this guy going into every stadium every week with that sour puss look on his face hoping GT might lose?

Back