Belk bowl bound.....?

Possible but I would expect them to pick ncsu

I think it comes down to Camping World and which it picks between SU and NCST.

I expect the winner of Syracuse / BC gets that game. Then loser of Syracuse/BC, Pitt, NCSU, and GT get the four first tier bowls.

Natural Location Tie-ins
Cuse/BC -> Pinstrip Bowl
NCSU -> Belk Bowl

Sun wouldn’t want GT again, so:
Pitt -> Sun Bowl

Music City almost has to take an ACC team based on their agreement (3 SEC vs. ACC games and 3 SEC vs B1G games over 6 years. The last two years were SEC vs B1G)
GT -> Music City Bowl

I expect the winner of Syracuse / BC gets that game. Then loser of Syracuse/BC, Pitt, NCSU, and GT get the four first tier bowls.

Natural Location Tie-ins
Cuse/BC -> Pinstrip Bowl
NCSU -> Belk Bowl

Sun wouldn’t want GT again, so:
Pitt -> Sun Bowl

Music City almost has to take an ACC team based on their agreement (3 SEC vs. ACC games and 3 SEC vs B1G games over 6 years. The last two years were SEC vs B1G)
GT -> Music City Bowl
Pitt deserves better than the Sun Bowl

How well does GT "travel" in terms of fan support? Better than NC State?

Personally, I’d go to Belk or Music City, so happy with either.

If you’re the Belk Bowl, you know there’s a ton of NCSU grads in Charlotte to fill the stadium, and tons more that would make the short trip from Raleigh.

I’d bet that Charlotte, as a primarily banking city, has less GT grads so they’d have to bank on us making the drive from neighboring areas. Bigger rewards since we’d need hotels, but also bigger risk that the stadium would be half empty.

If I’m them, I take NCSU.

Pitt deserves better than the Sun Bowl

Assuming they don’t make a NY6 bowl, the only bowl better than the Sun Bowl is the Camping World Bowl. I wouldn’t give that to Pitt over Syracuse or BC (or even NCSU).

Note: In the ACC bowl structure, the following bowls are equal and select together: Sun, Pinstripe, Belk, Music City/Gator (one gets ACC, one gets B1G). Overall selection order:

1. Playoffs (if selected)
2. Other NY6 Bowls (if selected)
3. Camping World Bowl
4-7. Sun / Pinstripe / Belk / MusicCity or Gator (all equal and select together)
8. Military
9. Independence
10. Quick Lane Bowl
11. Gasparilla or Dallas Bowl (one or the other)
12. Birmingham Bowl

Last edited:
Assuming they don’t make a NY6 bowl, the only bowl better than the Sun Bowl is the Camping World Bowl. I wouldn’t give that to Pitt over Syracuse or BC (or even NCSU).

Note: In the ACC bowl structure, the following bowls are equal and select together: Sun, Pinstripe, Belk, Music City/Gator (one gets ACC, one gets B1G). Overall selection order:

1. Playoffs (if selected)
2. Other NY6 Bowls (if selected)
3. Camping World Bowl
4-7. Sun / Pinstripe / Belk / MusicCity or Gator (all equal and select together)
8. Military
9. Independence
10. Quick Lane Bowl
11. Gasparilla or Dallas Bowl (one or the other)
12. Birmingham Bowl
Wut? Syracuse just wet the bed. BC is meh. NC State might out draw Pitt in a bowl, but none of those four teams is any more or less desirable than the other for a bowl.

Back