Benedict Marrone to get ax in Jax (Link)

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
ESPN reporting:

Link

For those who came in late, Benedict Marrone was GOL's TE coach in 1996, then OL Coach '97-'99.

He left BigBee's staff to go The Cesspool taking The Fridge's playbook, making all kinds of remarks WTTE "going to a winner," et al.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Marrone has a 21-28 record in his two-plus seasons with the Jaguars, which includes a 10-21 mark since winning the AFC South with a 10-6 record in 2017 and an appearance in the AFC title game. The Jaguars are 5-10 heading into Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts.
A cockroach can infest the homes of as many winners as it wants, a loser is a loser. I saw Jacksonville in 2006, it doesn't get any more pathetic than being run out of that town.

I remember his "leaving Pepsi to work for Coke" remark. Was a joy to know he was on the dwag sideline to watch Godsey and Fridge disect them leading to Donnan's firing.

ESPN reporting:

Link

For those who came in late, Benedict Marrone was GOL's TE coach in 1996, then OL Coach '97-'99.

He left BigBee's staff to go The Cesspool taking The Fridge's playbook, making all kinds of remarks WTTE "going to a winner," et al.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
I lived next to him when this went down. I was pretty darn shocked when he jumped ship. I did get to meet Bill O'Brien and the Fridge because of him, so that was cool.

Back