Best ACC stadiums, atmosphere, bands?

swGAboy

Varsity Lurker
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to the ACC. I've only been to BDS and Doak Campbell. Giving a top 3 or 5 or whatever you like, who has the best stadium, band, football atmosphere?

AFter Tech I'd say :

2. Clemson - great fans, festive atmosphere, great tailgating etc...

3. Has to be FSU, but I;ve never been! I say this, because I;ve been to all of the others, and I just haven't gotten that major football experience at any other ACC schools....They all seem to be missing elements of that big-time college feel.

shocked.gif
Well...swGAboy...it is BDS@HGF beyond a doubt. And I will prove it to you come this fall.
'nuff said!
drinking.gif

Best ACC stadium: UNC...beautiful
Best ACC band: FSU...size does matter
Best ACC atmosphere: UNC...perfect college town
Worst ACC stadium: Wake Forest...horrible
Worst ACC band: Virginia...a joke
Worst ACC atmosphere: Wake Forest...bring a bible

I would have to say after GT then Clemson... I have found the football atmosphere great!

UNC has a beautiful campus and stadium but I don't find their game day atmosphere special at all. First tailgating is the pits, most people park at the shopping centers and take the bus to the game. And their fans are notoriously fickle when it comes to football. They make lots of noise when the Tarholes are winning but let them lose a few and they really stick it to them, that is if they show up at all.

I'd say Tech, FSU and Clemson. State can be fun and UVA seems to be getting into it, although I haven't been in years and they can't help but be obnoxious - it's in their blood or something. Best place to get great seats is Duke hands down, although Wake is normally pretty easy too.

Ths weird thing about UNC is this...It IS beautiful (although I like UVA's campus much better) but on game day, you can be on campus and not even know that a game is taking place...
There is a complete lack of energy there.

I used to work at the hospital, which is right next door to the stadium, and I'd go into the hosp. on a saturday around mid-morning and I'd have no idea if they had a home game or not - EVEN with a noon game !

Chapel hill is a VERY sleepy town - so I have to rank it low on this basis.

Their new stadium however, IS very nice IMO

FSU I believe has the best all around. Though I dont care much for their campus, Doak Campbell is a entity in itself. The buildings that are attached to it are beautiful. The fans have wonderful tailgate areas, and are pretty knowlegable about the game. I think Clemson fans are the loudest. On another subject just wait till we play at Auburn. If you have never been there, the atmosphere will send chills down your spine. All seats are filled during pregame warm ups and the fan goes nuts to the million person band they have. Wonderful place to watch football.

Thanks guys for the input! It's very consistent with what I've always heard. I can't wait to experience some of these places myself!

Back