Best Game You've Ever Attended?

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
Best Game You\'ve Ever Attended?

As we have gotten closer to August 31 and Tech's lst game, I often thought of all the games I have attended (home and away) since 1974. Of course I always believed Tech would win each and every one of them, even when we were 30 pt. underdogs.

Have had the opportunity over these years to see some great ones, including victories over Ugag! There is one that ranks high on my list for the unbelievable play of both teams and how the game was won ... the 1990 Tech/Clemson game here. Every play was big, the defenses on both sides were spectacular, I think there were 3 goal line stands in that game and the kick-off return that put us in a position to win!

I believe the score of that game ended up 21-19! Next week we went to VA and had that great upset but believe if we hadn't played the Clemson game like we did, the season might have been a little different.

Re: Best Game You\'ve Ever Attended?

2nd best game I have personally attended would have been 1998 UVa game, the 41-38 reprise at Grant Field when we came roaring back to win. Everyone got on the field after the game.

Best game I attended was of course the Citrus Bowl following the '90 season against Nebraska where we one a piece of the Natl Championship.

Top 3 in no order:

98 UVA
99 UGA
98 ND

1. Virginia game in '98....most exciting game I have ever seen in person. You had to be there to believe it.
2. 3-3 victory?!?! over Notre Dame in 1980.
3. Win at klimpsum in 1989 when Ross got his revenge over the orange clad rodeo queens.
4. 1984 win at Ugag....80-90% of the ugag fans left by the end of the 3rd quarter....and boy were they p!ssed.
5. 1985 win against Ugag. Two words....Gary Lee.

These are just a few of the great games I have seen.
cool.gif
cool.gif

'90 UVA at Scott Stadium...awesome goal line stand, awesome fieldgoal kick for the win 41-38? I think UVA was ranked #1 at the time too!

'98 Ugag in Sanford & Son stadium...my BIL had to put a GT sticker on his back window, above the G and other mutt stuff. I've got a polaroid of it, priceless.

'98 Gator Bowl against ND...any more eligability for Little Joe?

THWG

2000 Clemson, upsetting #5 ranked Tigers with last second beautiful catch by Mr. Watkins. WOW

I would have to definitely say the 2000 GT/CU game ...... Winning in Death Valley during the last seconds was AWESOME!!!
grin.gif
shocked.gif
GOOOOOOOOOO JACKETS!!!

1989 at Clemson. 30-14 spanking on CU homecoming Saturday.

1990 at Georgia. Good feeling to end the undefeated season with a thorough dawg-whipping.

I love BDS@HGF, but I love being on the road when the Jackets play well and win.

GO JACKETS!!!

'98 UVA
'00 UGAg - It was nice to see them all leaving early in the 4th Q.

1998 in Athens. I couldn't watch as Brad Chambers' kick split those uprights.

I was so happy I thought I would die!

Has to be UVA 1990....Man o man what a game
We were down 14 at the half and it didn't look good.....Got an early fumble to start the second half and the rest if history.

Old Foggy had to steal my thunder when he cited
the Alabama games of 1952 and 1962.In the 1952 game we won 7-3 when little Jakie Rudolph tackled
Alabama's running back Bobby Marlow to save the game. And then there was the 1962 game against the tide when they came to Atlanta ranked number one in the country and with two outstanding quarterbacks in Joe Namath and Jack Hurlbut. Mike
Mcnames scored our only touchdown from the nine yard line and he also saved the game when he tackled Hurlbut on a two point attempt. Those
were two great games. They don't get any better
than that.

All the above mentioned games were great victories, and I was lucky enough to attend my share of them. Our game last year against Navy was great when put in perspective. We rolled. Our world was relatively peaceful, this weekend before 9/11. It was a beautiful day at an U. S. military academy. And no one knew how much GT football would change after the sun had set that day.
BOO

I've got so many best games I can't remember the all the 7-3 victory over Bama back in the 50's also the 7-6 win over Bama in the 60's both come to mind. I hate the Crimson Terds Ops I meant the Tide.

Lots come to mind; The Citrus Bowl in '90, The UGAg game in '85 w/ the KO return for the TD, but Iw ould have to say for extreme gratification and the one that ALWAYS brings a smile to my face whenever I think of it was

The 2000 UGAg game in Athens. Sitting in the rain, right in the middle of UGAg territory and hearing their own fans get into fights with themselves, going up 17-0 early and Fridge putting the game out of reach; looking at the exit aisles at half time and seeing all those "Faithful" fans giving up on their team; Claybrooks pulling the WWF move at halftime, and especially the end when Godsey did the 3 fingers on their jumbotron. Wow, it was priceless!!!

Back