Better Darn Make Sure The Refs Aren't Mormon...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
Better Darn Make Sure The Refs Aren\'t Mormon...

against BYU. I think they ought to be neutral, I vote for SOUTHERN BAPTIST!!. Think there is a chance of that happening in Provo???

South Georgia Jacket

Re: Better Darn Make Sure The Refs Aren\'t Mormon...

If they follow the system they have used in recent years in non-conference games, the refs come from the visiting conference, the ACC.

Althought I attended last years game and about sweated myself to death, didn't we have ACC refs? I hope we have at least out of conference refs while in Provo.

Last year's game the refs were from the Mountain West. They should be from the ACC this year unless they changed their procedures which is road team's conference Refs.

Provo and Hawaii.

2 places where you will NEVER get a clean called game.

We'll be playing BYU's 11 and all the refs.

OK, Yoda ... right.

ACC refs in Provo this year, so no excuses. Geez.

We'll be fine.

AFR, I knew you would have to contribute here, and glad you did. I admire you for defending your faith, and I believe I know exactly what you mean.

Anyway, I think all this is just natural hype-excitablity, enthusiasm. Surely nothing personal (believe strongly) against the Mormon faith.

Just a "punch" or "jab", ie, plural wives, etc. that you deal with regularly.

Shoot, I, personally, had rather have All Mormon referees (no matter the conference origins) than any others as long as they had courage along with their religious allegiances, which I think they would have (and I am a Christian who is a Southern Baptist).

This is just one of those areas where many of us like to shoot arrows before a game. I am sure no harm is meant. God bless you.
grin.gif
wink.gif

Hey, I've only been to church a few times in the last 25 years, so I'm not overly sensitive.

However, I personally don't think religion should be a part of a football board in any form, whether we're playing ND, SMU, or Liberty Baptist.

My apologies AFR, sorry for any offence. Just reflecting on a poor 65 yr. old brain's reccolection. Hey, buddy, better get back to church, pronto!!
wink.gif

No problem, I don't take anything personally. I'd grow old faster than I already am if that were the case.

Back