Bickering continues after Clemson/FSU melee/brawl

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
This is one of the most confusing brawls to figure out. FSu trackster in hospital. Clemson trackster/football WR Airese Currie in hospital for stitches. Who jumped who, when, where. Earlier, at Indoor Championships, both FSU/Clem's teams were disqualified when an FSU guy pushed Clem's main sprinter off the track during the race.
And worst of all, is the fact that none of the track coaches for FSU/Clem, or the host school Texas, were at the hosted & santioned 'social event' that was moved from it's original location to a place in the night club district that the host school's coach didn't even know where it was at.
If U think my attempt at a recap is confusing, then try reading the newpapers' account of what happened & let me know what u can decipher.

FSU athletes arrested after brawl

Here's the current running thread on FSU's board about all the incidents. There are several other newspaper articles that are linked in this thread. Each item has different perspectives & each adds more to the story. Seems like the Tallahassee & Florida papers are keeping quiet while the South Carolina papers are having a field day.

Track 'melees' continue

Yes. It's complicated.

I'll try to sum it up the best and the most accurate I know how.

FSU and Clemson don't have role models like James Butler, Nate Curry, Chris Reis, and PJ Daniels - and neither school has a football coach that states emphaticly at booster club events that their team will not tolerate thug players.

Back