Big 10 Considers Instant Replay

I know this topic should bring about some difference of opinions. Personally, I am for using new technology if it improves the correctness of the calls. I am for it.

Although, I feel I will be in the minority on this topic, I would still like to hear all the opinions on this topic.

Father Time

Ahso, and all, we are living in an electronic world that maginifies correctiveness and zero tolerance to mistakes. I am one who is more than willing to take every advantage to "MAGINIFY the TRUTH". If we have an opportunity to correct the errors of men, I say, let's get to it. I love truth, and I love the fruit of truth. Man is fallible and we have come up with sophistacation to give even more credance to that. If we fail to take advantage of it: I say we do the athletes
who excel (yet get cheated by man's misjudgement) an injustice and a raw blow which often harms their entire future. Woe be those who deny and dodge truth. Truth is that bolstered by fact.

To me, its a GREAT idea. I can't believe that the NFL hasn't been able to get out of their own way, and get it right.

As long as Ron Cherry continues to "work" Tech games, we should desperately want it too.

If we had instant replay, who would UGAg blame for losing? They never actually lose a game to UT, FLA, AUB, or GT. Acccording to them, the refs hand the other team the game.

I've always thought that the NFL replay ought to be at the officials' initiative, not a coach's.

Designate a "Replay Official" up in the booth who decides whether or not to review a play, and then along with the referee and the one who called the penalty, whether it was a good call.

For the officials, such a plan would take away the negative of being challenged by a coach, and it would return the initiative of judging calls to the peer group of officials. In other words, a replay would become a sophisticated "conference on the field," instead the hyped-up melodrama it is now.

Ron Cherry...eeeeewwwwww...just the name makes me sick.

Price Memorial Gold

I am for it, if it helps them get the call right. I personally think the way the NFL does it now is pretty good.

For it! We already have it with all the JUMBOTRONS in the stadiums. Every time we see a bad call it's up there in plain view and when it's against us we can't do anything about it!

Yes and coach makes the call.

Back