Big 10 going conference only

cyptomcat

Hibernating

But good sign that they have a plan to play

What is ND gonna do if ACC says "conference-only" too? :P

How do they cancel all of their non-conference games at this point? Declare force majeure and just say screw you guys to all of their OOC opponents? I wonder if this becomes the first domino of the power 5 with others to follow? Crazy year...

Still going to have a 12 game regular season? That could actually be really fun.

How do they cancel all of their non-conference games at this point? Declare force majeure and just say screw you guys to all of their OOC opponents? I wonder if this becomes the first domino of the power 5 with others to follow? Crazy year...

I think it will be simple to cancel all the non-conference games for any of the P5 conferences. Getting bowl eligible will be harder for the other than top teams; but again, who cares. ACC and SEC could do the same and play only conference games plus in-state rivals.

This could be the death of many small college football programs. Several probably derive almost all of their operating income from the big paydays they get playing the big schools.

Screw that. ND either joins for football or doesn’t play this year.
Or maybe an olive branch to ND in this situation and they learn to see benefits of full membership. It’s a shame it took a pandemic to happen but it could work out nicely for all.

Back