Big 12 : 9 + 1 model

GTJACKET

Varsity Lurker
Saw somewhere Big 12 doing 9 + 1 model. Opportunity for ACC to use its + 1 here. What matchups would you like to see?

I would like to see WVU and Pitt, bring back the backyard brawl. (Wife is WVU grad)

Syracuse and Rutgers would make sense given the Big East history, not that I would be enthusiastic about seeing it in particular.

Edit: I'm dumb and haven't finished my coffee yet. Read Big 12 and thought Big 10. Carry on.

WVU-Pitt Backyard Brawl
Texas-GT
Oklahoma-Miami Switzer vs. Johnson
TCU-Duke
TT-VT Battle of Fake Techs
OSU-Clemson Ag vs. Ag 1
KU-UNC hoops brawl
NCST-KST Ag vs. Ag 2
ISU vs. FSU?

I think the atlanta committee responsible for the kickoff games were looking for replacements, currently we have to play in state, so we should see about a Texas match up at MBS

None of this is likely. Word is the AAC is looking at adopting a +1 or +2 schedule to fill these spots in teams' schedules. Most AAC teams are close to either an ACC or Big12 school.

Pretty sure the OOC game has to be at home, which is even more restrictive than the ACC's policy. Considering that there are no teams between the two conferences in the same state, not a single matchup is happening

None of this is likely. Word is the AAC is looking at adopting a +1 or +2 schedule to fill these spots in teams' schedules. Most AAC teams are close to either an ACC or Big12 school.

P5: "playing yall ain't worth the risk"

G5: "we would still like to play yall"

Pretty sure the OOC game has to be at home, which is even more restrictive than the ACC's policy. Considering that there are no teams between the two conferences in the same state, not a single matchup is happening
Yes also this... so no ACC/Big12 matchups. Look for AAC to be filling all the OOC schedules. If we don't play State or Southern, I'd bet we keep the UCF game as our OOC.

Back