Big 12 Unded

"But surely nobody would be able to live without the Rose Bowl!"
I seriously thought that the B1G thought they were going to be the lead domino - I would bet major bitcoin that they thought if they canceled the season that everyone else would automatically follow. Oops.

For the record, I don't think the PAC12 thought this. I think they were just stoned and forgot what was going on.

I seriously thought that the B1G thought they were going to be the lead domino - I would bet major bitcoin that they thought if they canceled the season that everyone else would automatically follow. Oops.

For the record, I don't think the PAC12 thought this. I think they were just stoned and forgot what was going on.
You have amazing observational skills and I’m in total agreement..particularly the PAC12 analysis. Fantastic work.

Big 12 is the pivot man for fall football. If they fold up the tent, it's all over.

I don't see how only 2 major conferences could hold up to the firestorm. At least with 3 of the P5 standing, there is a "majority" of sorts. Just my thoughts.
I agree. I think it would be awkward if only the ACC and SEC - the perception is that it would just be the South. With the Big12 and perhaps some dissenting schools from the B1G and I think that is enough for a critical mass.

Of the 10 schools in the Big (12-2), half are in Oklahoma and Texas. They want to play as much as the ACC & SEC(heats).

And then there's Nebraska wishing it were 2010 again & they could get a do-over on going to the Big Integer.

I agree. I think it would be awkward if only the ACC and SEC - the perception is that it would just be the South. With the Big12 and perhaps some dissenting schools from the B1G and I think that is enough for a critical mass.

Not sure many in the South would care about national perception; especially if that perception is that the South cares way too much about College Football. I think some of the member institutions in the ACC may start waffling, but the SEC conglomerate wouldnt have any issuing flipping a bird to the rest of CFB and stacking cash all by themselves

For the record, I don't think the PAC12 thought this. I think they were just stoned and forgot about the money!

FIFY

Not sure many in the South would care about national perception; especially if that perception is that the South cares way too much about College Football. I think some of the member institutions in the ACC may start waffling, but the SEC conglomerate wouldnt have any issuing flipping a bird to the rest of CFB and stacking cash all by themselves

This is my thinking as well. The B12 is not the linchpin everybody is making them out to be right now.

If the B12 folded, Texas and Oklahoma would join the SEC.

B12 schedule released. Is it just me or does their graphic look ass-backwards? The dates should be across the top and teams down the side so that each teams schedule is to the right of it.

B12 schedule released. Is it just me or does their graphic look ass-backwards? The dates should be across the top and teams down the side so that each teams schedule is to the right of it.

Eh, makes sense to me. I’m more used to seeing dates listed vertically than horizontally.

JRjr

Back