Big news from the Big East

kirbee

Jolly Good Fellow
The Big East is adding Louisville, Cincy, and S. Florida in football. And they are adding Marquette and DePaul in hoops. Talk about a great hoops conference -- maybe better than the ACC?

Potentially great news for the ACC because the Big East may let Boston College go to the ACC before 2006. Hopefully in time for next year.

Looks like the BE expansion will be effective fall 2005. I expect that means BC will join the ACC in 2005. Could be a resuffling of the conference schedules after next year.

Originally posted by kirbee:
Looks like the BE expansion will be effective fall 2005. I expect that means BC will join the ACC in 2005. Could be a resuffling of the conference schedules after next year.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would hope that they could and would allow BC to go for 2004; but 2005 would be better than 2006, I guess.

It is a shame that NC State foolishly blocked BC in the first place. Maybe they should pay the added penalty so that BC can get in this year.

Perhaps ConfUSA should sue? This is a conspiracy by the Big East to destroy ConfUSA!!!
wink.gif

Originally posted by hiveredtech:
Perhaps ConfUSA should sue? This is a conspiracy by the Big East to destroy ConfUSA!!!
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think the Big East should sue themselves.

Originally posted by beeware:

It is a shame that NC State foolishly blocked BC in the first place. Maybe they should pay the added penalty so that BC can get in this year.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware I agree. I think that if I were Father Leahy, I would have to say a BIG prayer for the strength to not slap that witch Fox from NCState. It is incredible the amount of money she has and will cost BC, and the huge black eye she single handedly gave the ACC.

puke.gif
NCState
puke.gif
Fox
puke.gif
Amato
puke.gif
Red Uniforms of any persuasion

And in other moves--Marshall and UCF to ConfUSA for Mid-Atlantic; Rice, SMU, and Tulsa to ConfUSA from the WAC.

I guess the Big East is still holding grudges (bold added--)

"While we clearly would have preferred that no Big East expansion occur, that expectation was unrealistic given the actions of the ACC ," commissioner Britton Banowsky said.

Back