Biggest to OG?

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Biggers is a good athlete. The team needs help. Put him at OG.

I don’t understand why wedon’t ever surge ahead and shock somebody. It’s like Collins refuses to do anything that may look like PJ.

we have a red zone problem. Go see just how good PJ was at the one yard line. (It was time for PJ to retire).

1694DB56-CDAC-4C20-B7D9-420F6B1655C2.jpeg

I appreciate your suggestion to help the OL , but I have to take a hard pass on that.

A lot of potential people can play OG, very few people have the size, quickness, and Talent to play DT, so when you find a DT with the size of Biggers that has decent quickness, you don't move him to Guard.

Guards and Centers are manned by Guys that don't have the Athleticism to play any other Interior Line Spot on either Off or Def, to summarize --- If playing OL and DL was a Pickup Game, the OGs and the Center would be last Guys picked.

I appreciate your suggestion to help the OL , but I have to take a hard pass on that.

A lot of potential people can play OG, very few people have the size, quickness, and Talent to play DT, so when you find a DT with the size of Biggers that has decent quickness, you don't move him to Guard.

Guards and Centers are manned by Guys that don't have the Athleticism to play any other Interior Line Spot on either Off or Def, to summarize --- If playing OL and DL was a Pickup Game, the OGs and the Center would be last Guys picked.
8135741.jpeg

V27_lT6Lgu9NZ5HQ53pxDkWK_o7fGDyt6Q-M8IRdXE5NrALe__Y_mAJUXAJrmA5oeRmAQNNRqDqxjqPG4sunxSrlOuy09g1BSdapjyJoGut7BM1hvLfPhFvjhZY3CnoYL5WwNgL6CZbdginCCzZx8DwDjWQJXorEsmf4qNnA

He was a Great Player for us.

However, every NFL GM would pick Kent Hill with his length, quickness, Athleticism at OT , over a super talented OG.

I never said OGs aren't important, but if a Guy has a shot to be a good DT , you leave him there are see if he develops, talented DTs impact the Game and the opposition more than a talented OG.

You pulled up a picture so old, that announcers that did games back then called that old dangerous Turf, "The Carpet".

You pulled up a picture so old, that both Teams are wearing Turf shoes made by Companies that aren't in Business anymore or aren't in the Turf Shoe Business anymore (Pony? and Converse All-Star).

1984, is that the Kevin Tisdale Game, 85 yds or so KO Return that led to a Chuck Easley TD-dive from 1 yd out late in the Game?

"However, every NFL GM would pick Kent Hill with his length, quickness, Athleticism at OT , over a super talented OG."
Guard Shaq Mason 6'-1"

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can edit post titles. Or surely a mod can help.

How can you be so blatantly wrong. Guards are the big nastys that keep anyone from getting through the middle. They pull most of the time on traps, power, or counters. Tackles are your taller and longer linemen, guards are your big guys that can move around.

My wife’s cousin has a son who is 6’2”, 235 lbs…and he’s just turned 14. He plays on both the freshman team and varsity; rules limit how many plays he can be in on the varsity so he’s generally only in the varsity games in the 4th quarter…and usually dominates. He plays DE and OT, but usually DE on varsity. Someone PM me how to be sure he’s on the recruiter’s radar.

My wife’s cousin has a son who is 6’2”, 235 lbs…and he’s just turned 14. He plays on both the freshman team and varsity; rules limit how many plays he can be in on the varsity so he’s generally only in the varsity games in the 4th quarter…and usually dominates. He plays DE and OT, but usually DE on varsity. Someone PM me how to be sure he’s on the recruiter’s radar.
Sewak@athletics.gatech.edu

How can you be so blatantly wrong. Guards are the big nastys that keep anyone from getting through the middle. They pull most of the time on traps, power, or counters. Tackles are your taller and longer linemen, guards are your big guys that can move around.
Go look at the Top10 Contracts for Tackles at the NFL level and do the same for OGs, then get back to me.

Many NFL Teams rarely draft Guards, they draft Tackles and those that can't cut it at Tackle get moved to OG.

One 6-1 OG (Shaq Mason) doesn't mean that the general rule is flawed, compare your 6-1 exception to Quentin Nelson that played OG at ND , 6-5 and like 330lbs and considered to be the best OG in the NFL.

To quote Nick Saban, "if you recruit too many exceptions, then you will no chance to be an exceptional Team" (GT Fans might want to remember this one)!

Back