Bilbo quote from Saturday's practice

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
Bilbo quote from Saturday\'s practice

You gotta love this kid... thanks for a GREAT attitude Dbo.. you are going to do well in life.

From RR.com

Bilbo, who played in eight games at quarterback last fall, reiterated his commitment to the Yellow Jackets.

"I worked the whole summer for Georgia Tech; I didn't work for another school," he said after practice. "I worked in the weight room for Tech, and I'm going to play wherever I can this season and win some games for us.

"I'm kind of confused and excited at the same time. We've still got a game coming up on Aug. 28, so I'm just excited and hoping for the best right now.

"I tried the running back thing, and Tony Hollings didn't come out of me, so I'm going to try some receiver, but I'm still a quarterback, too. Coach Gailey told me I could still be a quarterback, but he wants me to do some of that 'Slash' stuff so he look at some of the other quarterbacks. I'm not really comfortable yet, but I'm happy with the situation."

The Yellow Jackets practice again Saturday at 5:45 p.m. and then take Sunday off from practice

Re: Bilbo quote from Saturday\'s practice

I have been a little skeptical about CCG since the Georgia and Fresno State debacles last year, but maybe this is one of his first publicly visible steps to take control and exert his power/influence over the program. Hopefully there have been others, behind the scenes, that are not as visible. I applaud the decision to move Dbo to another position although I personally think that he's more of a possession type receiver than a running back. (I suspect that he will need to lose about 20 pounds in order to really prosper, long term, as a receiver.) I suspect that Dbo has enough athletic prowess to play on Sundays---but probably not as a QB.

Yep, ya gotta love his quotes after today's practice. Ya gotta love the kid too. I am really hoping that it all works out for him...and Tech too. I'll be rootin' for you Dbo.

I agree 100% with everything you said...

I think he could possibly be a terrific possession receiver, maybe even a tight end....He has the size and atheletic ability to excell at one of these positions IMO

Kudos to Dbo,.....that's one heck of an attitude and display of heart. Need more like him. Despite what some have said about him,.....bet he helps us out somewhere down the line. If it's not at RB,...he's got way too much talent not to be on the field somewhere,....wideout or OLB maybe?

GATA JACKETS!!!

I just saw Bill Hartman interview him on Channel 2. Dbo was very Positive and indicated Gailey said he had a shot to start at another position.
Hey Drver8 you reckon he might of realized that this Gailey guy knows something about football??? That maybe he realized that Tony Hollings has a bright Nfl future because Gailey had the smarts to move him to Running back and that maybe he realized that this Gailey guy taught Emmitt Smith a thing or two and that Emmmitt claimed he did.. You just think this Gailey guy might know a little about football??

Back