Board seem wierd?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Is it me are does it seem like NOBODY has anything to say?

We are playing Ugag this week right? I feel like we are slipping into the abyss.

I want some positive talk. Where are those feel good posters that help me get through the week?

Is everyone focused on that bird they gonna be eating?

This reminds me of a wet cold Saturday in which we played Ugag in Athens long ago. They were supposed to whip us big. There was no hoopla prior to the game, just a simmering determination which was without anxiety. I almost froze at that game wet and cold, but I could not feel anything but sweet warmth and joy when we were leaving that stadium.

I think that the jaws of our Yellow Jackets are set and their faces are turned toward Athens in silent determination.

I am not sure why I feel so optimistic this year.. but I do...

I think Georgia has enjoyed patting themselves on the back since Auburn... their players having "BCS Watch Parties" etc... They could sorely underestimate this Tech team... BUT, in my opinion, it will all depend on the play of Suggs... if he has a good game, makes some plays... we will win this game... I just have a feeling we are going to win it...

Originally posted by mustard:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I almost froze at that game wet and cold, but I could not feel anything but sweet warmth and joy when we were leaving that stadium.

I think that the jaws of our Yellow Jackets are set and their faces are turned toward Athens in silent determination.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sounds like Pepper's first year in 1974...I remember that game well, I also almost froze...but we won, 34-14 I believe...

There is very little "buzz" around town about this team. I guess it is because we have had opportunities to win and have not done so in several close games.

IMO, if qb play improves drastically, we have a good chance.
tongue.gif

bizzybee, you put your finger on the key when identifying the QB position as the key to victory.
It is very clear to most of us that CG will play AJ as long as he can walk regardless of the quality of his play. I have picked the dogs to win 24-12 because of the QB problems we have with AJ. We can't score TD's with him under center. I predict that we will kick four FG's. I hope we won't have to suffer with AJ next season as well.

I don't know what to expect because our performance really will depend on how ready AJ is. I have no doubts about the defense, but AJ's got to play the game of his life for us to pull this one out.

The other key is to play for the win if we come out of the locker room at halftime with the lead. You can't play conservatively and expect to squeak this one out. We need to go for the kill on offense. No punting on 4th and 1.

That said, I think it'll be a fight, but unless the team has learned something new over the past week and change, I'm not counting on a win.

It's a function of CG's trying not to lose instead of trying to win.We aren't excited in that prospect.I asked the question after Duke -would you rather win 17-2 or 36-21? We aren't used to a real defense and the mental approach on that basis. imho

I always feel as if I bragg too much about our upcoming prospects it will jinx us.

However, I respectfully point out that Georgia still has not shown great offense against a credible opponent and we have a very good defense.
Certainly they will move the ball some and score but I think we can keep them below 20 points.

I think the game hinges on whether offensively we put in some new "looks" and new plays - like the UVA game. I don't think it is likely, but I would love to see Bilbo in some option style plays and rolling pocket plays. It seems to me that in the two weeks we have had to prepare that we could teach him a limited number of plays which would take advantage of his strengths. He doesn't need the know the entire playbook to be quite helpful.

While I agree georgia has been very lucky and can be beaten; I think there is a general lack of enthusiasm because of the mediocre nature of our season, the continuing arguments 'mongst the fans about Gailey and about Bilbo and the fact that not many folks think we can score enough points in this game to stay in it. I am hoping for a miracle!

Originally posted by yellowjacket:
While I agree georgia has been very lucky and can be beaten; I think there is a general lack of enthusiasm because of the mediocre nature of our season, the continuing arguments 'mongst the fans about Gailey and about Bilbo and the fact that not many folks think we can score enough points in this game to stay in it. I am hoping for a miracle!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">YJ... I am not sure who you are referring to in terms of lack of support for Gailey... that is just not true... maybe for some on this board, etc... but trust me... that is not the case in terms of the big Tech boosters (and I certainly am not one of them).. I have heard just the opposite, I have heard that many are impressed with the job he has done in terms of transitioning a team and staff... leading through the injuries ... and leading us to some improbable wins already this year... dont be surprised if another improbable win occurs on Saturday... we do have a good team!

Maybe Richt has told his players and the UGA fans to cool the rhetoric prior to the game. If the UGA players and fans were trash talking, then, due to the competitiveness of the game, I am sure Tech fans would be responding.

It could be this atmosphere pervading the game and keeping the hype out of it the affair this year. I am sure once the game starts, the emotions on both sides will be shown.

smile.gif

Originally posted by law_bee:
Is it me are does it seem like NOBODY has anything to say?

We are playing Ugag this week right? I feel like we are slipping into the abyss.

I want some positive talk. Where are those feel good posters that help me get through the week?

Is everyone focused on that bird they gonna be eating?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's probably due to the fact that www.plauder-smilies.de ist nicht erreichbar.
tongue.gif

That still doesn't mean that me and Reeb78wh won't be a gettin' to the game several hours early in time to get juiced up on der Millers.
drinking.gif

I remember AJ's last appearance at Sanford Stadium, and it was not good at that time. I believe he got pulled early for Clausen. That was the beginning of the end for AJ at UT.

Hope he learned from that.
rolleyes.gif

I am very optimistic about this game. I am willing to give AJ one final opputunity to improve. But I agree. We need to be more fired up. I, for one, will be in Athens cheering on the team. Let's hope it works.

I have been negative on Gailey and his staff but I also have the feeling that we are going to win. Our defense is good and if we can limit the mistakes on offense, Gaileys basic pro football startegy, I think we can win. UGA is vastly overated and it is time for their luck this year to run out!!! Go Jackets!!

Back