Bobby Bowden hits a new low

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
The husband of a rape victim said Friday he's outraged that Florida State coach Bobby Bowden wrote a letter on behalf of the attacker, a former football player who faces resentencing next month.

Michael Gibson, once a running back for the Seminoles, was sentenced to life in prison in 1994 for his attack on a woman who was shot, raped, robbed and left for dead in her apartment a few days before Christmas in 1993.

Gibson, 30, received six life sentences. Four were for rape, one was for armed burglary and one was for attempted felony murder. He's also serving two 40-year sentences for two other rapes.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Link

I don't care about all his "dadgums" and "aww shucks." That man is a disgrace to the ACC and to college athletics. Betcha Reverend Bobby would still let him suit up on Saturday if he had any eligibility left.
rolleyes.gif

This is NOT an attempt to draw BLACK WATCH out, but I would seriously love to hear how one of Bowden's loyal supporters justify this.

I deal w/ many V's in my line of work. I have sat in their houses while they cried explaining what my client had done to them.

I have also had ministers, teacher, friends, and family speak on behalf of many of my clients. If BB told the truth then there is nothing wrong with writing the letter.

I imagine a family member asked BB to write the letter.

Originally posted by JoltinJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
Gibson, 30, received six life sentences. Four were for rape, one was for armed burglary and one was for attempted felony murder. He's also serving two 40-year sentences for two other rapes.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Link

I don't care about all his "dadgums" and "aww shucks." That man is a disgrace to the ACC and to college athletics. Betcha Reverend Bobby would still let him suit up on Saturday if he had any eligibility left.
rolleyes.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This clown appears to have very little redeeming social value to society (his record pretty much speaks for itself). Bowden can spare me the tear-jerking antics of having celebrities or sports figures vouch for this guy's credibility or worthiness. Absolutely NO sympathy from this Techie. If you do the crime, then do the time! When this useless, testosterone-laden meathead jock decides that he wants to be a productive citizen and useful role model, maybe I'll be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Until then, lock him up and throw away the damn key!

Buzz Bomb
rant.gif

Back