Bobby Dodd Stadium

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone on here know what the scheduled completion date is for BDS?
Will they be done well ahead of the season or will it be nip and tuck right up to kickoff of the Auburn game?

Originally posted by beeware:
Does anyone on here know what the scheduled completion date is for BDS?
Will they be done well ahead of the season or will it be nip and tuck right up to kickoff of the Auburn game?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes I do. Depends on what you mean by well ahead. It going to be close, but scheduled to be done. Haven't heard how they are as far as being ahead of schedule or what.

My question is why? Is this for discussion reason, so you can spend more time bashing Georgia Tech Athletics?
wink.gif

Speaking of the stadium -

I was always in the camp of supporting the upper north, and proceeding with that aspect of the expansion. Part of me still does.

But I have to admit, after last year I am getting
kind of nervous about seeing that full of Auburn, Uga, Clemmons etc....Two reasons.

1. I had never envisioned that the upper north would look SO huge ! It towers - I wonder if they could have had half the seats in the upper north and still look ok (just having half the height)

2. I also was unexpectedly surprised at how nice having the lower north stands were, w/o the upper deck....

Maybe in a few years the "build it and they will come" thing will work - but at least for the next 2-3 years, I can't imagine anything other than that being empty for all games but the ones mentioned above....Kind of like the south was like in its last years...

Good question!

BDS scheduled completion date: 8/1/03
Punchlist: 8/2 - 8/31/03
First home game: 9/6/03
On schedule?: slightly ahead right now

Does that help?

20030211.jpg

Concrete stands have now been lowered onto steel frame. Wonder why concrete was chosen for upper deck, but cheap @$$ aluminum for lower deck?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

hey bobby dodd ghost .. how do you like the pic of the stadium construction that was not going to happen?

FH,

As long as there are White and Gold butts in the seats, I don't care what they're made of!

Originally posted by catjacket:
Good question!

BDS scheduled completion date: 8/1/03
Punchlist: 8/2 - 8/31/03
First home game: 9/6/03
On schedule?: slightly ahead right now

Does that help?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">catjacket,
Yes. Thanks.

Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
FH,

As long as there are White and Gold butts in the seats, I don't care what they're made of!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">JJ,
I agree that it is not all that important what the seats are made of; but it is of some real concern whether or not it actually is Tech fans that fill the stands on these big games.

Agree BW I know even thought I've moved to Texas my White and Gold butt will be in one of them. Hope to get better tickets but I'll be there come he-- or hi water.

We (GT Fans) have to do the best we can to get those seats filled with US!!!!! I am buying an extra season tix this season for last minute friends. Will continue with that number of tix going forward.

I can't stand the thought of the opposition being in those seats! We have worked to hard here to have that happen.

Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
FH,

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm guessing that's what most people want - butts in the seats and not standing up in front of them.
wink.gif
Down with the "sit down" patrol.

---

And, I agree with Gold Rush - that is going to be intimidating for teams driving to that end of BDS. It reminds me of the endzone stands at Kyle Field down in Aggie-land...

kyle_big.jpg
shocked.gif

Back