"Bowl picture clears for TECH".....Huhhhhh?

A

ALlives

That was todays sub-headline on the bottom of the front page of the sports section.

The article went on to say that after Old Miss' beat Ms St last night that GA TECHs bowl chances boil down to either an east coast or west coast bowl. Huhhhh??? What??? We've only been in that exact same scenario for the past 3 weeks now.

Hey Hollis........take a break.

GTPilot

Flats Noob
Before that game we had 4 bowl possibilities: Tire, Seattle, Independence & Music City. Now that Ole Miss won it means that the SEC filled all their bowl spots and thus elminated the Independence & Music City. We would have gone to one of those bowls if Ole Miss had lost so that Wake could go to the Seattle Bowl.

He was just trying to point out that we are now down to 2 bowls.

A

ALlives

So, if I've got this right, Seattle, Orlando, Charlotte and Detroit are all still possibilities for TECH, with Atlanta a longshot.

A

ALlives

Seems to me if it's down to 2 bowls Hollis would name the two bowls. Hollis said a "bowl on the east coast". That indicates to me more than one bowl on the east coast, which makes it at least 3 bowls that are still in the picture. Add to that the fact that Barnhart indicated that the ACC is still in a fight with the BIG 12 for a slot in the Motor City Bowl, which adds another possibility for TECH.

I maintain that if MARY losses to WAKE and UVA losses to VA TECH and we beat the mutts things dramatically change. Therefore the TECH bowl picture is still very much up in the air.

A

ALlives

GTPilot one other thing. I'm confused. How did Ole Miss winning eliminate "TWO" bowls for the ACC?

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
because if Ole miss had lost they would have been 5-7 meaning that the SEC would not have filled all of its bowl slots. Therefore, The ACC would send Wake to a conference tie in in Seattle and we would have been sent to Shreveport or Nashville to make room for Wake.