Bradley breaks down local forecast....

2 Big Techsticles

Flats Noob
His annual 'prediction' column appeared in today's AJC. As usual, he's still a boob but I think he's actually pretty close on his assessment of us.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/columns/bradley/index.html

For those too lazy to click on the link, here's the cliff notes:

*Georgia Tech won't be as bad as its backers fear, meaning it won't finish 2-10. The Jackets are capable of winning twice that many games.

*UGA loses to LSU and to Tennessee, yet still wins the SEC East and beats LSU in the SEC title game to repeat as champions.

*Scary Fresno State will upset Tennessee in the Volunteer's opener.

*Oklahoma vs Miami in the Sugar Bowl for the national championship.

*Ohio State's Maurice Clarett wins the Heisman. UGA's Pollack finishes in the Top 10.

*FSU does NOT win the ACC. Says Maryland, Virginia, and NC State are on the ascent while FSU has done nothing the past 18 months to stop their decline.

*Florida goes 8-4, but will be poised for a great step forward in 2004.

*Mike Shula will look like a bad hire and whoever replaces Rick Neuheisel will seem to be a good one due to QB Cody Pickett.

To paraphrase, "UGAg won't be sinless perfection as all of America hoped (read - the AJC) but we'll still win the SEC." Hoorah! Hoorah!
"Tech may not suck so bad. So be it."

Don't ever listen to anything this ignorant homer (or for that matter the rest of the fishwrap) has to say. "UGA 'MAY NOT' win the national championship this year but Tech will definitely suck." See any bias?

I disagree with about all of them.
If Pollack finishes in the top 10 that only indicates a weak crop of contenders.

We'll win at least 7, if we can keep the O-line healthy and get some good QB play (which we will get). I'm tired of everyone downplaying our chances. We have some talent on our team and they will achieve.

Florida or Tennessee will once again rule the east.
4 losses for Florida - maybe FSU, LSU, Miami and Tennessee? UGAly had their chance last year, back to third in the east boys.
Don't ever count 'Bama out of the SEC. Too much money there. Shula will do fine. Has Bama ever had a bad D? They certainly won't this year with 7 coming back.

Clarett may win Heisman, if he doesn't implode. It seems at times he was pretty close to that last year.

The Volunteers will be annihilate Fresno State. Get a second mortgage and put it all on ol' Smokey.

Just my take on his column.

He has never particularly liked the Jackets so I would not expect him to pick us a winners.

Go Jackets!

LOL

two big testicles has a glimmer view of the upcoming football season than mark bradley himself.

all i can say is .. wow .. that is very sad commentary.

Bradley? Is he biased? I don't know. Depends on who you talk too.

To what team and conference does he slant his articles?

Oh yeah, I forgot. We all know about the ".... Nations." That bunch is high and mighty forsure.

Who wants to line up against them? Who can play them?

For those who want to bring up what happened last year, that's cool. While I congratulate any victor from last year, I'm looking forward to the game this year. If you win, I'll do the same. If you loose, I'll bee humble.

I wouldn't act like Bradley I don't think in this situation, but he's doing what many GT fans would do probably. Don't blame him.

Bradley is no more than me, he's biased. Not that I'd write what he does. I'd probably write pro GT and not anti ".........Nation." He doesn't say it like it is. He says it like he hopes it will be to sound good for his job sake with other so called "nations" in mind.

Some may like his preditions. That's cool, and other have opinion. I'm biased, and I say it sucks.
grin.gif

Go Jackets!

One will have to think we will only be favored against Duke and Vandy. Wake and North Carolina could end up a toss up depending on how each of us play leading up to the game.

Auburn, Georgia, NCState, Maryland, Virginia, FSU, Clemson, and BYU will be favored to beat us.

Back