Braine Is An Egotistical Moron!!

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
Why not give Mac and this coaching staff a one or two year contract to see if it really was O'Leary holding them back. Bringing in some no name that has the name recognition of a fat farting dawg fan just makes no sense.

I like everything I saw about McWhorter yesterday and a good southern boy to boot.

South Georgia Jacket

Signing a Head Coach to a 1 or 2 year contract would be the death knell to recruiting. You either have to sign the 5 year deal or no deal at all.
That being said, I like Mac, but I think CG is a better hire for the long-term as our next head coach. I could be wrong and your opinion about Mac is as good as mine...after all, we won't know how anybody does for 2 to 3 years.
For now, I'm happy we're getting CG.

I realize you are not going to like my opinion, but I think Braine made the best decision. Gailey's credentials are much superior to Macs. He has much more experience than Mac.

Braine has interviewed both and recommended his selection to the committee. That is his job. He was more impressed with Gailey. If he were more impressed with Mac, he would have recommended Mac to the committee. The committee also approved Gailey over Mac, so they were also convinced he was the best candidate.

Being a "good old boy" has nothing to do with who is the best candidate for the position. I would be willing to bet 98% of the Athletic Director's in the nation would have chosen Gailey over Mac. Whether you like him or not has no bearing on the selection process and who is the best candidate.

Sorry, we don't agree, but that is my opinion. Also, the fact that the players wanted him is irrelevant. Go to page three of the football posts and read the next to last article. It is titled "Players selecting a coach".

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Yesterday a.m. or early p.m. on 680 (before game) a man who sounded like he was at least in his 50's called in to respond to question asked by hosts, "What do you think of CG as possible new HC?" When the caller started talking, my mouth fell open! He was furious! He said that he is convinced DB is just down here to destroy GT - that he has an agenda and that is to ruin our program! Can u believe the hosts just listened. Not one asked him any questions! They just said, "OK, thanks for calling." Talk about conspiracy theories! Wow! He is one sick dude!
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Back