Braine speaks (LINK) @ Denver GT Club

Don't waste your time, guys. This is a civil and thoughtful report which answers a number of questions reasonably. Not our cup of tea.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Don't waste your time, guys. This is a civil and thoughtful report which answers a number of questions reasonably. Not our cup of tea.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">yeah, we want blood! we want blood!

Whatever.

On a serious note, it's good to see that they're realized the error of their ways and are planning to go back to an academic support system that was proven and successful.

Very important, what if expansion falls through and sec gets UM & FSU? I do not see it, coz it reduces their, and others in sec, chances for BCS dramatically. But thought it was an interesting point he brought up.

Belly - that may be the funniest (but truest if that is a word) comment I have seen in a while. I am still chuckling as I type this. touche.

Anyone who didn't see the FSU/Miami SEC option wasn't thinking. That has always been the disaster scenario for the ACC. Whether they would want to bury themselves in the SEC and make it much harder to get to a BCS bowl is another debatable topic but in many respects the ACC is like the Big East in that we had a single top FB school bringing home the bacon and at some risk of being picked off. That is what eventually swung me over to accepting expansion.

One expects a little spin but what planet has this guy been living on? OK, who wouldn't try the old "let's recite how all well all the minor sports are doing trick". You can tell the PR firm coached Clough and Braine before they made a statement, witness Clough trying to throw everyone off by pointing out how well ALL the SA's are doing, isolating it to football.

What is really galling is this idiot continues to quote Bobby Dodd at every turn. Please, Braine dead, stop referring to Dodd. Surprise, Surprise, we care about losing to Georgia. Does this guy know to get in out of the rain?

So everything is just peachy at the flats. Thanks for informing me Braine-dead, now that we have arrogant know it alls to give us the facts let us run for our checkbooks.

Yeah, 6 bowls in a row. Carquest, Seattle, Silicon Valley CLASSIC. I know there were some good ones in there too. As comparing CG first year to others, wonder what it would have been if, like Pepper & Curry, we had played a schedule of ugag, AU, UT, UF, Pitt, ND, Bama. C'mon.

If Pepper had had the facilities that have now he would be in the college hall of fame as a coach. Once heard him speak, and he was awe inspiring!!! Great recruiter and motivator!

Pepper got a similar rap that Gailey gets. Letting the guys grow their hair etc etc

Back