Bridges sure has a knack for getting open, but

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
You might as well throw in Special Teams to absolutely make ZERO plays to help us. STs have done NOTHING to help & a few to hurt us badly in Clem.
True, our STs have not hurt us lately, but have not helped us whatsoever at any point in this season. I'll be sooooo very glad when Rhino is gone. Why won't our coaches as least let someone else try a PR, especially when we're behind late?
Will we ever find a way to rush a kick? I still say the special teams coaching is bad. Contibuted NOTHING to Tech this yr.

Ace, I assume you mean the ST haven't helped us except for the NCSU game? According to State fans and the papers up here they were a big reason we won, that we beat their STs.

We all know you don't like Rhino, you've said it often enough. But he has had a number of big returns for Tech over the last few years, even if he hasn't scored. He almost always gets positive yards and since the Peach Bowl I can't remember any drops/turnovers.

We did nothing on STs in NC St game, but ,thank God, we kept them from doing something special. They were used to SCORING on STs & I guess were stunned that we kept them at bay. State also dropped a punt, in open field, that took us 5 guys to finally get on top of. They were not at top of their game. Rhino's 1 single nice runback of 20 yds really helped, but NC St, Maryland, Clem, et al, would've taken that one home. Our STs in Clem game killed us.
Maryland has 4 PRs for TDs. NC St has 2 & many BLOCKED kicks. I won't even go into Georgia's doing something very special more than once a game on STs & is certainly a main reason why they are doing so well.
We have not contributed 1 single kick return for a TD & not blocked 1 single kick. We've had 1 decent KO return to opponent's 35 which we immediately squandered. Don't we want to be a really good team, even in our kicking game?

will he ever make the dadblasted big play? That guy has the moves, the speed, the instinct, & has made the 10-15 yd catches. I am sooooo tired of him dropping the long pass. That's, at least, 4 bombs he has NOT caught that was most certainly catchable. These passes turn games around. Soooo frustrating, much like Suggs is, but he gets open & gets to the ball. He just misses it. Even the last pass on 4th down in the WF game, although thrown into traffic, was certainly catchable for a 1st down as Lekeldrick got both hands on the ball. This is just a season of missed opportunities.

The same can be said for interceptions. How many times can Durham say, "He had it, but just couldn't hold on". Our D has done real well, esp. Fox, Houston, Smith, but causing fumbles and running them back, making interceptions and running back have been nonexistent this yr and last yr. With our O having to do ALL the scoring, it would help if we could get a big play or two from secondary.

Back