Bring back the "T"

71YellowJacket

Damn Good Rat
My wish list for uniforms next season, is a white helmet, old gold T, old gold jersey, white pants.

Top that!

I kind of like that old "T" as well..
Only thing is, it does look a lot like
Tennessee's "T". I'd like to see it for
some games.

In fact, I think it would be great if the NCAA
would do like the pros did a few years ago with the
old uniforms...Maybe have certian saturdays where
teams could go back to any era and use the old unis.

I totally agree though, white helmets and the true, old gold jerseys like we had under Carson would be great ! Always one of my favorite uniforms

BDG,

The old gold T was on the helmet.

Goodbye to the white "GT" lined in yellow gold.

BDG

My bad, the helmets prior to 1967, when the GT started were either white or gold but no letter.

Not sure if there was a "T" pre-Dodd.

Flags pennants, and IMO the most famous "T" appeared on Marilyn Monroe's sweater.

I would like to see just the "T" on the helmets, though.

I don't know the NCAA ruling on uniforms, but I would think that since each college/univeristy/institute has homecoming, it could be our answer to "throwbacks" by the teams wearing a uniform for the classes or class recognized by that year's homecoming. It would make it that more special for those alumni attending homecoming to see a uniform from their college days and provoke warm (or in some cases, less than warm) memories. Just an idea folks.
tongue.gif

Good idea Bleed. I too like the old T too. Could someone show me a pic of the old gold jerseys?

TheJacket,

You wish is my command: http://gtw.swiki.net/1

Thanks goes to Goldtimer, who put this site together and it's loaded with Tech info, including the text descriptions of the uniforms by era and plenty of photos.

Look up the 1960's era, under 1969 are several shots in old gold.

Back