Bruce Jacobs on FoxSports radio just

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
bashed GT on NATIONAL SPORTSTALK!! He said "Georgia Tech is a bad, bad, very bad team. The Chan-gang has its work cut out for it. I don't know why he is playing a true freshman with several upperclass qb's there."

He was talking about Auburn's terrible beating and who they play next.

It's alright for us to criticize, but, darn, I wanted to climb into the radio and punch him out! TALK ABOUT NEGATIVE PUBLICITY...whew! That was embarrassing.

The worst part is that, apparently, he doesn't have a clue as to what he's talking about. The upperclassmen QB isn't very good and losing the 10 guys set us way back in depth. He's right about us not being a great team, but because our depth isn't there. We're playing 2nd teamers in place of our 1st teamers who failed out. We weren't horrible Thurs. night. The problem was the turnovers. If we limit turnovers, we probably beat BYU.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
bashed GT on NATIONAL SPORTSTALK!! He said "Georgia Tech is a bad, bad, very bad team. The Chan-gang has its work cut out for it. I don't know why he is playing a true freshman with several upperclass qb's there."

He was talking about Auburn's terrible beating and who they play next.

It's alright for us to criticize, but, darn, I wanted to climb into the radio and punch him out! TALK ABOUT NEGATIVE PUBLICITY...whew! That was embarrassing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We are a bad football team. The more I distance myself from the emotion of seeing Tech back out on the field and drawing positives off the few things that did look good....well we are a bad football team. With the execptions of Tony Hollings and two starters on defence in Alfred Malone and Tony Hargrove the others was not expected to play much. Defense will not be the major headache this year. Chan Gaileys offence will be the problem. Reggie Ball will not be the problem. His coaching will be the problem. Coaches Gailey, Geis, and Nix will last the year but it is going to be a nightmare. Have any of you concrete reasons to be optimistic beyond the most popular two:A) Blind Faith, and B) More Blind Faith? Remember Billy O'Briens gone now. He can't be blasted for Thursday.If I was Jon Tenuta I most likely put a Buddy Ryan move on the offensive genuises before it is all over.

Excepting the "we're a bad team argument" the state of sports journalism is in serious decline and I think ESPN is directly responsible. These idjits are dumbing it down by the day. What bar? They've thrown out the stinking bar unless it serves drinks! Everywhere you tune these days the sports heads and mouths are parodying one another and going for the cute (smartass) factor. They're more performers (and terribly bad ones at that) than they are journalists. Sucks majorly. I wish somebody (Ted, please help us!) would start a new sports channel with enough journalistic integrity and professionalism to keep it's head from creeping up it's ass.

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
If I was Jon Tenuta I most likely put a Buddy Ryan move on the offensive genuises before it is all over.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why? For not getting *his* defense off the field?

What do you expect the guy to say? We are approaching IAA level of play and you want him to be a homer?

Good morning Father Wasp! You have to earn respect. We have not earned it. Until we do, we can expect to continue to be the butt of jokes and unfavorable press. That's life.

Go Jackets!

I agree, stateline, that we are not a very good team. BYU is not a very good team either, and they beat us. But think about how weak some of our opponents looked (UNC, Maryland, Duke, Clemson). We are not very good, but I think there are at least 5 teams on our schedule that aren't very good and have a lot of problems also. I don't believe all these predictions about us going 3-9, 2-10, and whatnot. That is not a testament to blind faith, but a statement about how equally weak some of our competition is. Before you assume that UVA and NC State are dead locks to beat us, keep in mind that we beat both teams last year, without Hollings and with AJ at QB. Those teams are better than us, but not unbeatable. Also, Wake and Vandy are both very beatable teams, even with our depleted personnel. We are likely, however, to get embarrassed by UGA and FSU, and probably a p-o'd Auburn team next week.

Toughness is all relative to how good you are.

The teams you mention - UNC, Duke, Wake will all either be tossups or even steven with us at best.

NC State is worrying about beating Ohio State and FSU to have a good year. Are we really thinking if we squeek by Duke or somebody that is success?

Back