Bubba Parham to return; Junior Michael Devoe ponders NBA draft

WreckRod

Dodd-Like
Admittedly, I don't watch much NBA. So I'm far from an expert. But Devoe doesn't look like an NBA starter to me, and selfishly I'd love to have him back another year. I'm glad Bubba is staying, and I'd be hyped if we got Jose back too. I think Wright staying is highly unlikely, but it would be epic.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
Admittedly, I don't watch much NBA. So I'm far from an expert. But Devoe doesn't look like an NBA starter to me, and selfishly I'd love to have him back another year. I'm glad Bubba is staying, and I'd be hyped if we got Jose back too. I think Wright staying is highly unlikely, but it would be epic.
Getting Jordan back would be just short of epic, IMO. He really came on the last half of the year. And I don't think we have anyone else with the physical attributes to play the role he plays.

The Jacket

The Coat
Getting Jordan back would be just short of epic, IMO. He really came on the last half of the year. And I don't think we have anyone else with the physical attributes to play the role he plays.
I am passively believing Jose will be back after his "probably." If we get him, Bubba, and Devoe back, we are in business. If we also get Usher back, the ACC is in trouble. If by some miracle we get Moses with them, the ACC is dead where it stands.

johncu

Dodd-Like
I don't see how Devoe gets an NBA-ready evaluation. He's a pretty good shooter, but his release point seems low and he doesn't really shoot over people. He's a decent athlete, but not explosive enough to be elite as either a slasher or a defender.

Seems like a prototypical college player and a guy who might do really well in Europe.

gtphd

He / Him / His
Devoe said he will return for his senior season if told he would need to spend a season in the G League before playing in the NBA.

"I definitely don't want to take that route," Devoe said. "It's a tough route to go. I have no problems coming back to school and finishing my degree."
The only player on our team I imagine the NBA would say is NBA-ready today is Moses.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I’d like to see Bubba spend his extra year developing that annoying scrape shot from the arc that JJ Reddick had perfected. The one where he would lose the defender on a screen and immediately get the pass for an open 3. We are missing that element and Bubba is a good enough shooter to take advantage of the open shots by scraping the defender off with the screen.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I don't see how Devoe gets an NBA-ready evaluation. He's a pretty good shooter, but his release point seems low and he doesn't really shoot over people. He's a decent athlete, but not explosive enough to be elite as either a slasher or a defender.

Seems like a prototypical college player and a guy who might do really well in Europe.
Agree with your overall sentiment. However I’d add that he’s a really good/confident ball handler and was our main guy who could break somebody down 1v1 off the dribble.

Think we may realize next year how good we had it with Jose/Devoe from a ball-handling perspective if they both leave.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
I’d like to see Bubba spend his extra year developing that annoying scrape shot from the arc that JJ Reddick had perfected. The one where he would lose the defender on a screen and immediately get the pass for an open 3. We are missing that element and Bubba is a good enough shooter to take advantage of the open shots by scraping the defender off with the screen.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
15 ppg 2 straight years and 40+ from 3 for career is a nice body of work in the ACC. for Mike. Very good set shooter, kind of creative/crafty at scoring despite lack of explosive ability, and enough size/length to not be a liability on D. He could make a roster on the right team.

Glad Bubba is back, can see him having a big year if Jose or Devoe dont come back. Good player.