Bucs interview Fridge (thank God!)

law_bee

Dodd-Like
yea, but he still only makes a little over a mil/year. If he were to go to pros he would make over 2mil/year.

This would be good opportunity for him

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Personally, I don't believe Ralph would leave Maryland at this particular time. The only thing that makes you wonder, is the fact that he is talking with them.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I disagree Ah,

I think Fridge is all about the NEXT LEVEL. That is why he coached in the pros so long. I believe he is more like Bobby Ross than O'leary. O'leary wanted to be in the college game. Ross wanted the pro game.

Fridge wants to be considered one of the best offensive minds. The only way to go further would be to go to NFL.

Maryland probably will have 3 conference losses this year. This would be a good time to jump ship.

Also it would be over 1mill raise. I want someone to tell me they would turn down a 1 million raise.

And another point is the Bucs are loaded. the right coach and they could go to the super bowl. It is very unusual when you get a chance to coach a very good team.

jimbobGT

Varsity Lurker
Can you imagine, a Joe and Ralph reunion!!! Oh god, those two together would rip apart the NFL. Someone correct me, but doesn't Tampa Bay have a really good defense with Warren Sapp? So they just severely lack an offense. Who better than Ralph?

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I knew it was too good to be true. It was too much to ask to get the best coach in the ACC out of Tech's way, and onto my favorite pro team. He probably didn't want to enter the chaos that the Glazer kids are causing with their total lack of football knowledge. They screwed this from the beginning by letting Spurrier get away. But Spurrier probably sniffed out that they were idiots to begin with so he went to Washington.

techfan4

Varsity Lurker
I didn't think he'd go, he moved last year...don't think he wanted to again....