Bucs to let Hamilton go (link)..

Sorry to hear that but you could kinda hear the footsteps. They (TB) just weren't figuring on Joe much. I think it's good that he has an opportunity to go play somewhere else. I think he proved that he's got pro caliber ability in the WFL. Best of luck always to Joe Ham! I'd still love to see that guy play football!

Maybe he will go to Canada for a couple of years, but I would really like for ANY team in the NFL to give him a chance to play a season as starting QB.
I know he could show them if he had the opportunity.

Originally posted by GT_Dean:
I know he could show them if he had the opportunity.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree. I can't imagine him being any worse of a pro-QB than guys like Rick Mirer, Scott Mitchell, Charlie Batch, Chris Chandler, Jon Kitna, etc that float around from team to team...not to mention Quitsy.

Like the Fridge once said, "If Joe was two inches taller, he would've been a multi-millionaire after his junior year." Amazing what the difference in 6'0" and 5'10" is.
pat.gif

Joe reminds me sooo much of Doug Flutie who played at BC and won the Heisman. No one gave him a chance in the NFL - he went to Canada and won championships and MVPs. He had to pay a lot of dues before the NFL called him back.

Joe will get his chance like Doug did, I just hope it comes around a little sooner for him!

I agree MSTech,
both of their careers seem to be flollowing simular paths. I don't think Flutie had an injury that pretty much allowed JH to be cut.
Flutie was in the NFL for a few years(he at least got a chance), same as Joe has been. Then went to Canada, like Joe might have to do. I think it would do for Joe up there. If he can win up there, the scouts/coaches will take notice, just like with Flutie.
Joe will make it where ever he goes, he is a winner! Always has been, always will be.

Back