"but VT has no basketball program"

How can VT gain any respect with "how" they got this invite - Blackmail by their state politicians. They do not fit here, they were never wanted here and look how they get here!
confused.gif

A sham!

Father Wasp, that is not all that counts in my book. I guess it is in your book, but we must read different books.

Thank you, but I had rather go by the book I read.

smile.gif

Virginia Tech did what had to do to protect its interests. We would do the same thing if faced with the same situation. At the end of the day, they had the votes. Syracuse and BC did not.

The big question I have is are we done at eleven or did we go with these two first for political reasons. I have got to believe it will be easier politically to add a 12th school now or maybe we will wait to get a better feel for the BCS / championship game situation before adding another school. It will be interesting see what happens.

Originally posted by Father WASP:
They play good football, that's all that counts.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wasp your right. They play some darn good football and will as long as Beamer is there. Which my feeling is a very long time. And make no mistake this is about football!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
How can VT gain any respect with "how" they got this invite - Blackmail by their state politicians. They do not fit here, they were never wanted here and look how they get here!
confused.gif

A sham!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why are you so upset. Va.Tech and the Virginia Governor did what they needed to do.I have no problem with that because their football credentials are first rate. I only wish our state government would pitch in if in the future we have a chance to move to the SEC and Georgia should try to block us.

It's hard to fault VPI. In neither a viable BE nor the ACC they would be in a big pickle. Besides, they're an Old Southern Conference team which should have joined th ACC in 1953 (I know nothing about those circumstances, just have an opinion.)

Originally posted by Father WASP:
They play good football, that's all that counts.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The most eloquent statement I've seen on this site. Preach on Brother!

GATA JACKETS!!!!

They not only fit here better than Cuse or BC, speaking only for myself the only sham was that they & UM were not the front runners while allowing someone else to sell themselves to the ACC.

The whole premise of this expansion was a TV Contract - big markets, money and a championship game. The idea of adding Miami, Syracuse and BC brought all this to the table. Good football and some EXCELLENT BASKETBALL. Even when VT went to the ACC in May (secretly by the way) the ACC turned their backs.

It's funny how blackmail makes all the things you set out to do NULL AND VOID. Too feel good about this move is not part of what I feel is in the best interest of GT, the ACC and everyone already in this conference.

However anyone perceives Mark Bradley - his article today was right on and it is the theme of almost every sports show I watched last night, every thing I read. It wasn't his SEC ties that set it to paper - this time it was the exact truth that has resinated throughout sports media. The ACC mumbled, rumbled, disgraced and created a sham in the whole process! I got the feeling through this whole debacle that "they were actually" trying to see how bad they could look - they didn't disappoint me.

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest!!!

Of course its about money. But the ACC shouldn't feel bad about that. Why all the angst now?

I don't see all these media types on Notre Dames ass for pursuing their OWN tv deal.

I don't see Coach K turning down the shoe deals. What kind of house does he live in?

I didn't hear a peep from the eastern media when the sensitive, caring institution of UNC coveted, threw money at him, and stole the head coach of Kansas.

What happened to staying in your own backyard?

These media punks kill me. Could it be they are afraid the SEC might be about to have some competition from a nearby playoff game and some teams like Miami that frequently hammer the Gators?

Welcome Miami and VT - the two best teams we could have gotten!

Back