Butch Jones

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
Get him in. Bring in some folks from Auburn, teach our AA how to work with bagmen. Start launching character assassinations against uga BOR members, replace them with GT grads. Start some jock majors. Devalue the academics, increase the value of the degree via name recognition.

Now's a good time to go all in.

Yep, let's bring in a coach that couldn't even win the SEC East at Tennessee.

giphy.gif

like "Champions of Life" Butch Jones?

I'd rather have Butch Davis, at least he's won something in his life

Butch Jones is terrible. Lane Kiffin?? Let’s try something not so incredibly conservative.

Get him in. Bring in some folks from Auburn, teach our AA how to work with bagmen. Start launching character assassinations against uga BOR members, replace them with GT grads. Start some jock majors. Devalue the academics, increase the value of the degree via name recognition.

Now's a good time to go all in.
This is a fantastic plan except for the Butch Jones part. Run all this behind the scenes with PJ in place and you'll get better results.

This is a fantastic plan except for the Butchq Jones part. Run all this behind the scenes with PJ in place and you'll get better results.

CPJ has pretty much asked for this very directly. I've sat few feet away from him when he's said as much on the radio show in the most coachspeak way possible.

If it's not going to happen with him, fine. Bring in the guys that will make it happen. Butch Jones is the most obvious answer here - available and being paid by UT right now. Not hitched to his wagon, but need to get someone with his recuriting abilities in if we're going to take on the cost of a coaching change.

Last edited:
Butch is a wretched coach. If the alumni wants to start paying players, fine. Pony the money. Buy us a 50 million dollar Clemson complex, pay some players. Slide the governor a couple hundred grand to stack the BOR. These will be positive changes, that could happen under any coach.

Because it can be done without all of the stuff about ruining the school. We’ve done it before and can do it again.

Nothing I suggested would ruin the school. Literally the only thing we would lose is the moral high horse of having a harder school to recruit for. Stanford is the best engineering school in the country, and they have no problems accommodating their football program accordingly.

I can't for the life of me figure out the love for Butch Jones. This clown was lucky to beat us with Tennessee talent in a year when we didn't even make a bowl.

I'd rather pin a list of D-II names to a dartboard and see who the lucky winner is.

Back