Buttkicker with the probable game winner

Hell of a football game. What a dumb time to push Mahomes by Ossai.
Certainly happy for Butker, but can you believe that stupid bastard Ossai slamming into Mahomes out of bounds like that?

I swear defensive players can be so ööööing undisciplined at the worst times!

Ossai just lost track of where he was on the field. Adrenalin pumping. I feel bad for him. He made some really good plays, but all anyone is going to remember is the last one.

Buttkicker was never the same this year after injuring himself on his very first kick back in September. I think he'll be back to his old self after he gets the full off-season to rehab. But it was great to see him make that kick, and get that postgame shoutout from Mahomes.

The stop on 3rd down only to give KC another chance bc a whistle was blown reminds me of OSU faking the punt, getting the 1st down only to have it overturned bc UGA called a TO. Total BS call. UGA loses that game if that play stands. and it should have. Not only is NIL and the transfer portal, bullshit, the referee bias towards the SEC is complete horseshit.

The stop on 3rd down only to give KC another chance bc a whistle was blown reminds me of OSU faking the punt, getting the 1st down only to have it overturned bc UGA called a TO. Total BS call. UGA loses that game if that play stands. and it should have. Not only is NIL and the transfer portal, bullshit, the referee bias towards the SEC is complete horseshit.
478F2CA3-59EF-468C-969B-E7FB670D8DA1.gif

I was rooting for KC. The 15 yard penalty was a bs call that’s become the norm for football. Butkers kick would’ve been good from 60, and I wish that’s where he had to kick it from

I was rooting for KC. The 15 yard penalty was a bs call that’s become the norm for football. Butkers kick would’ve been good from 60, and I wish that’s where he had to kick it from
The 15 yard penalty was textbook the correct call. The defender extended his arms and pushed Mahones when they were clearly out of bounds.

The 15 yard penalty was textbook the correct call. The defender extended his arms and pushed Mahones when they were clearly out of bounds.

Yeah it was kind of a weird play because Bengals fans were whining about his foot being “barely” OOB and the defender having already committed, but usually it’s the runner’s outside foot that hits first. In this case it was Mahomes’s left foot touching out on the right sideline. So it looked a lot worse. By the time the main force was applied his right foot was nearly on the other side of the sideline.

Bengals have some legit arguments for other points in the game. But this one was a pretty easy call. I could see a ref swallowing the whistle given the game state, but it would have been a blatant missed call.

Cincy got hosed on some calls, but the late hit wasn't one of them. If it's borderline, sure, let it go. But refusing to call an obvious penalty with the game on the line would, in fact, artificially impact the game and would have given KC a very legitimate gripe if Butker came up a bit short and they lost in OT. Don't commit obvious penalties with the game on the line.

Yeah it was kind of a weird play because Bengals fans were whining about his foot being “barely” OOB and the defender having already committed, but usually it’s the runner’s outside foot that hits first. In this case it was Mahomes’s left foot touching out on the right sideline. So it looked a lot worse. By the time the main force was applied his right foot was nearly on the other side of the sideline.

Bengals have some legit arguments for other points in the game. But this one was a pretty easy call. I could see a ref swallowing the whistle given the game state, but it would have been a blatant missed call.
Thought they should have swallowed the whistle. Mahomes gave an extra acting job on a bang bang play that wasn’t a particularly hard hit. Burrow got hit much later in the pocket on the previous drive and it was a no call. Along with the other bad calls that went against CIN, I can see why their fans are mad.

Technically correct call based on how soft the NFL is with QBs? yes. A fitting end to a great game to gift KC a win based on a flag, probably not.

Thought they should have swallowed the whistle. Mahomes gave an extra acting job on a bang bang play that wasn’t a particularly hard hit. Burrow got hit much later in the pocket on the previous drive and it was a no call. Along with the other bad calls that went against CIN, I can see why their fans are mad.

Technically correct call based on how soft the NFL is with QBs? yes. A fitting end to a great game to gift KC a win based on a flag, probably not.

Force of the hit really has nothing to do with it. It's illegal to shove a guy when he is already out of bounds because sidelines are inherently dangerous with people and camera equipment everywhere. And Mahomes was well out of bounds. Refs had no choice IMO.

The push happened several steps out of bounds, though. If he hadn't have extended his arms and pushed Mahones, I can see the no call. He pushed his back a clear 4 feet OOB.

Back