Buyout clause

gameface

Varsity Lurker
I have heard some talk about not enforcing the buyout clause. Unless someone can show me a defined advantage for GT then enforce the whole thing. You have a millionaire coach going to a wealthy school. If you don't enforce the buyout then I might not feel so generous when GTAA comes asking me for money.

speaking hypathetically there could be "other" considerations.
Maybe if we dont enforce clause then:

1. he stays away from our recruits
2. or we keep Kelley

the buyout clause is a bargaining chip. Very usefull but we will have to see how it plays out. As I have stated earlier Braine may have a good candidate already lined up and he may have wanted O'leary gone.

On the BB pregame show Braine said that it would be up to the Athletic board to determine if the buyout was to be enforced. He also said that O'Leary told him that his (O'Leary's) agreement with ND was that ND would pay the buyout.

They all knew this up front. It's our insurance policy to help in hiring a new HC and staff.What's O'Leary going to do, say " I'll just screw things up for you." As I said before, what is the definite advantage to GT to forgive the buyout clause? I want somebody fiscally responsible. Spend the money like its your own. Paying 5 year contracts for 1 year work is crazy.

Back