BYU game

gtmg

Varsity Lurker
Both programs have very similiar issues. This is a very winnable game for us. I am concerned that CG has not named a QB for the game but am excited that he has closed practices. They have picked theirs and he is decent. I think he has something exciting up his sleave planned around DBo. Our skill people should match up well. The Defensive line will have to grow up quick. They have a nice back who can bust it. This game will be decided by who is the best coach. I see us winning a slow game 14-10 if we can keep the mistakes down. I think the defensive backs could be the difference dramatically slowing down their throwing game.

Most season openers come down to one thing....turnovers. Whichever team can minimize turnovers usually wins.

Other intangibles:
1)Penalties
2)Big plays allowed

But turnovers are the killer. If Ball is smart with the rock, and we play a conservative old-school smashmouth type game, we have a good chance of being successful.

Don't know how good Ball is at throwing the ball away, but hopefully he'll wrap it up and take a sack instead of trying to force a play that isn't there a-la last year.

2nd and 16 sounds better than a turnover,
JJ

Back