BYU has 4 points against Boise State tonight

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
28-4 BSU late in the 3rd qtr. This is the same team that beat us?
wtf.gif

I don't ever remember seeing a team score 4 points in a game. Anyone else seen this happen before?

Miami beat Florida 31-4 in 1987. Georgia Tech beat SMU 6 - 4 in 1953. It is pretty rare.

BSU is actually a pretty good team. If they hadn't lost to Oregon State by 2, they'd be undefeated.
Let's hope BYU can pull it together and give the Irish a nice ass whoopin' next game. What the alums did to GOL there made me hate 'em even worse than I already did. They would have gotten a much better coach and wouldn't have watch that "West Coast Offense" crap sputter around every week.

Originally posted by JoltinJacket:
28-4 BSU late in the 3rd qtr. This is the same team that beat us
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It isn't the same team that beat us and we aren't the same team that lost to BYU. They are missing three or four guys right now who started against us and it seems their starting tailback against us, Whelan, isn't playing either (I guess he got hurt in this game). Two of the starters out right now are Berry and Christensen (not the OL, the WR) who were big keys against us.

I do think we would beat them if we played them today because our defense is light years better than that night and our offense is more mature.

But you only get to play when you're scheduled to play and we didn't get the job done when we had the chance. Just recognize that neither us nor them are anything close to the same teams that met that night.

If I remember right in the SMU game, Tech took two safeties on purpose to get Tech away from their own goal line and preserve the win.

Dodd loved to play a defensive game. The Maryland/Tech game brought back a lot of memories of past defensive games. I still have the picture in my mind of the 6-0 Tech loss to Tennessee years ago.

Even though we lost, it was a gigantic defensive game.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
If I remember right in the SMU game, Tech took two safeties on purpose to get Tech away from their own goal line and preserve the win.

Dodd loved to play a defensive game. The Maryland/Tech game brought back a lot of memories of past defensive games. I still have the picture in my mind of the 6-0 Tech loss to Tennessee years ago.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes Ahso I believe it was the 1956 Tn. game with Johnny Majors and it knocked us out of the mnc that year.

The reason for the 2 safeties in that game was due to the amount of snow falling during the game. I saw one of the safeties when they snapped the ball over the punter's head and out of the endzone. I suspect something similar on the other one.

That game was ugly...both from a weather condition and from the way it was played point of view.

Coach Dodd's football stategy was a thing to marvel. That's about all you could do was marvel.
I only caught the tail end of Bobby Dodd's coaching career but I can still recall the quick kicks and punts on 3rd down.

Can you imagine what would happen if CCG took an intentional safety in a single digit ballgame?!

The message boards would melt! HOLY TOLEDO!
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was at the UT/Gt game up at Knoxville in 1985 and they played to a 6-6 tie...I LOVED those hard nosed Black Watch defenses Don Lindsey Produced..That is why i love Gailey/Tenuta so much..we are getting back to that..Our defense will keep us in Most any ballgame...

Back