BYU is NOT BC

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I remember when Fridge's offense lost to BC the first game of the season then we went on run to finish w/ just 2 losses.

If we lose to BYU this year I CANNOT imagine any scenario that this season does not get out of hand.

BYU is a MUST win. If we lose we will have lost our 3 straight game and possibly looking at 6 game losing streak.

Lawbee, are you thinking that we will also lose to Vanderbilt. I don't think it'll be that bad. Worse case scenario I see is an 0-4 start and a finish of 3-9. If that should happen I say we beat Vandy, Duke, and UNC.

The 6 games come from 0-4 and last year's final two games. I think it is kinda silly to start counting from the last two games of last year just because they help strengthen your case. If I wanted to find stats to support my case, I could say that Last year we were 9-7, not 0-2... so a loss to BYU would still have us over .500. Fact of the matter is, this is a brand new year and we start 0-0.

I am not trying to make a point. I am trying to put this game in perpective.

BYU is probably the weakest of our first 4 games. We did lose our last two games which has caused a growing concern about the state of the program.

Law, I think we have a better chance of beating Clemson at home than BYU in Provo. That will be a very tough game to win. They are a whole different team out there. We will have to come out mean and nasty and control the football.

I do agree that the game is critical to our season.

gtfan, I think that your worst case scenario is exactly what lawbee is talking about. 3-9 is a scary but very real possibility.
It is imperitive that we come out of the gate strong.
If we can SOMEHOW start the season 3-3, which is also a very real possibility, we will have a shot at a pretty good 6-7 win season, which is better than most folks feel possible....This will require a win at BYU.

I think we will beat BYU. If we beat them convincingly, I believe we have a good shot at Auburn at home.

If we should beat Auburn, the door is wide open for a good season.

wink.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I think we will beat BYU. If we beat them convincingly, I believe we have a good shot at Auburn at home.

If we should beat Auburn, the door is wide open for a good season.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Saddam Hussein, "I think we will beat Kuwait. If we beat them convincingly, I believe we will have a good shot at the United States at home. If we beat the United States, the door is wide open for a good season."

smile.gif

Saddam did beat Kuwait Beebad, so are you saying your position is that we'll beat BYU? Or was that just another useless metaphor?

BYU is only beginning to see their decline post Lavell Edwards. The magic is gone and the wheels are falling off. Crowton may be gone after this year. I don't look for them to return to any sort of prominence anytime soon.

I agree with gnats, BYU ain't your daddy's BYU. I also think that Law Bee is right. BYU is a must win game for us. I think this game is fairly even but you have to figure that TECH will have a shot in this game. If not, it probably will be a long year. Me thinks that how we play BYU and how Awbarn reacts after playing USC will be a factor in our game. It's not likely that we'll beat AU, but there is NO reason that there should NOT be a packed BDS filled with gold cheering on OUR team in OUR nice stadium. STING 'EM!!

Just my opinion, but we are gonna soundly beat BYU and wouldn't be surprised to ring up 40 on them.
We were in the Clemson game last year, I believe we would have won without the foot of rain that fell (I'd have been there but for that). We should have beaten Wake (boy that game was the ugly). With good QB play we would have. With a few bounces our way last year the FSU monkey would be off our back.
UGAg had a very mature O line last year that they won't have this year and Maryland has to come to our house (where they will lose).
Looking at last season, we were very close to coming into the Georgia game with one loss (Maryland). I just don't se a 2 or 3 win season like most people. We're better than that. We'll go bowling.

Just one caution. I don't know what games we'll win and which we'll lose, but don't assume that one game has anything to do with another. Just look at last year. Who in their right minds would have predicted our NCSU and UVA wins based on the season to that poin? Kids are pretty resilient and can bounce back from bad performances given the right support and focus. There is no one game on the schedule that is most important in predicting the year IMO.

Back