Can anyone remember a worst back to back 2 games?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
I've been trying to think of two games in the past that could give our last two a run for the money, but I can't. Maybe Dodd's last 2 were as painful, but they were not embarrassing loses.
BOO

I don't know about worst but definetly most frustrating back to back losses in a long long time.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
I've been trying to think of two games in the past that could give our last two a run for the money, but I can't. Maybe Dodd's last 2 were as painful, but they were not embarrassing loses.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Oh, goodie, Ghost, another fun game!!
But we can pretend to be Wake Forest again later, can't we? Please!

51-7 51-7 51-7 51-7 51-7 51-7 51-7 Wheee!!

I can’t remember a worse back to back loss. I have sat at Grant Field through the losses of the 70’s and 80’s. I don’t ever remember feeling this low. As bad as some of those teams were they still had pride in themselves and gave 100% because the coach’s motivated them to do so. Remember when Curry made them earn the right to wear the GT on their helmet? We need this kind of pride instilled in the team again.

Well, I sat through back to back 1 and 10, and 1-9-1 seasons in 1980 and 1981. Virtually, every game was bad during that two year span.

Remember the one win in 1981. I was against number 1 ranked Alabama in Birmingham. Tech won 24-21. At about 10:00 at that night as the team bus crossed the Georgia line on I-20 it was met by a huge motorcade of Tech fans that followed it all the way back to GT cheering all the way. The television stations were live at Tech televising the coming home of the team. Not a great season but a victory that I will never forget.
smile.gif

I remember, I was at the game. A bunch of us were so fired up we drove down to Gainesville next week for the GT - UF game where, the Gators promptly brought us back to earth

GMC 68, I agree with your post completely!! However, if the coach does not have that GT feeling and pride in the tradition, how can he convey that to the kids? Therein lies a prob.

I for one can not think of 2 worst defeats and my memory goes way back. These 2 were not just bad but disheartning as well.

These were definitely the worst 2 back-to-back performances. Fresno had only 45 players dressed-out, FWIW.

Talked to a friend today who is also disgusted with Gailey and Co..
He said that the Silicon Valley Classic was like a bad minor league ballgame. Bad opponent, bad stadium, bad field, bad announcers, bad crowd, bad play...What in the hell is Tech doing in this situation?
BOO

I thought the back to back Wake Forest and Maryland games this year were pretty sorry. I thought Virginia was gonna beat us bad after those two loses in a row. I was so sure of it, i came to the game lit.
drinking.gif

Back