Can Tech supplant Clemson?

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
It is interesting to not how many se schools have had a major run of recent history:
Miami
UT
Ala
FSU
Aub
Clem

It does suggest that Clemson reign could stop and the next team comes to the front.

jj06

Flats Noob
LMAO

we wont challenge Clemson for another 6-10 years. Get real guys..they constantly have top 5-10 recruiting classes, and Tech just finished in the top 25 for the first time in a while.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
LMAO

we wont challenge Clemson for another 6-10 years. Get real guys..they constantly have top 5-10 recruiting classes, and Tech just finished in the top 25 for the first time in a while.
Clemson has recruited better than us since about 1978. We can beat them

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It is interesting to not how many se schools have had a major run of recent history:
Miami
UT
Ala
FSU
Aub
Clem

It does suggest that Clemson reign could stop and the next team comes to the front.
Yes. Clemson is a bad college in the middle of nowhere.

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
I do not believe the NCAA is willing to fairly investigate any member. Some have immunity and the others suffer massive penalties to compensate.
Think you're right on about that, afraid we're in their "whipping boy" list. GT does not have a political bone in it's make up. Frankly, I'm up to my eyeballs sick of folks, entities etc that live by politics and off everyone else work and $.

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
Dabo will leave for Bama at some point near and take a lot of Clemson’s coaching staff with him.
I would not want to be the coach that follows Saban's act, everything to lose and nothing to gain, yep if they offer 80-100 mil no matter what like Jimbo Fisher aTm, then he goes. If CGC does well, then 'bama comes after him would be my guess, up to us to hang on to him at that point, think he would prefer to build something big right here, all IMO of course. Finebaum has mentioned CGC along with a couple others, don't think he is gospel though.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
LMAO

Looking at that other GT board's page on recruiting they had 7 (and another one close) recruits in their 2020 class that would be in our top 10 ever. If you put their 7 or 8 with ours it would then be a top 18 but you know what I mean.

It is gonna be awhile. I do like what we are getting though.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
LMAO

But not all recruiting rankings are measured the same.