Can we survive this schedule losing additional players?

We can't survive if we lose 11 out of 60 existing ships. Especially if it is the players named, we would lose the entire 2 deep at some positions.

I don't see how we can survive against any schedule losing 11 2-deep players.

The short answer is - NO. This season was ripe for disappointment anyway, but this seals it. This will be the worst season since Bill Lewis, and possibly worse. The schedule is tough, several opponents have vastly upgraded, and we relying on some wings and prayers like Hollings and Gathers coming back healthy, finding a quarterback, etc.

Most coaches lose their jobs over rules violations that result in their schools losing a dozen scholarships. We didnt lose scholarships, we lost players. We didnt violate rules thank goodness, but we lost good players who were ALREADY HERE .

By postponing his firing we are simply putting off the inevitable. Shula to Bama to bring pride and discipline back. Robinson or Roof to Tech to do the same? Whatever we do, do it now!

Mrs.Tech, I can name ten that Rivals had on their board. Here goes:
Hollings
Hargrove
Pullen
Mchargue
Bridges
Sampson
Malone
Lawston
Green
McNair
I'm going to withhold any comment until I cool off lest I offend someone or make an idiot of myself.

Good heavens, did expansion (stadium and otherwise) come at a great time or what?!?
lightningzap.gif

If the players were "dropped" they have to wait until next spring to get back in school. If the undergaduate curriculum committee decides to put them on "review', then they have a chance of regaining eligibility. It sounds as though they have not passed enough hours and only 25% of one's hours can be gained during the summer.

If it looks like crap, and smells like it, it most likely is. This is the WORST situation Tech has ever faced including the much debated Dodd move to leave the SEC.

I apologize now if this is all wrong, but if more than 3 of our players flunked out, the so called student athletes who did should be completely ashamed of themselves. What it indicates is a lack of personal pride. Maybe thats why we quit in Athens, and most of the year.

If all of you guys that flunked out are merely dumbasses, I wonder why you were invited to TECH in the first place.
My guess is that you are all "smart", but just said screw it. Thanks a lot. BSIM '83. 4 year letterman, baseball.

Well, I know some of the blame falls to each player (if true), but ALOT falls on Mr. Gailey in my opinion. If it was just one or two, it sounds more like an individual problem, but this number points to a much BIGGER problem.....the staff.

I graduated in 1998, and had many classes with athletes at Tech. O'Leary had his players in class. With the extra help the AA gives athletes there are only two ways you can flunk out.....just plain lazy and not attending or you are as dumb as a rock. And I lean to the lazy/lack of disipline cause. The coaching staff has done a poor job getting the young men motivated for class IMHO.

Originally posted by Ramblin Buzz:
The coaching staff has done a poor job getting the young men motivated for class IMHO.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not to start a flame war or anything (because I've given Chan the benefit of the doubt from the beginning), but judging by the last half of last season, class ain't the only thing that the staff can't get the players motivated for.
frown.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Can someone please post who the players are or is that a no-no here?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hollings and Hargrove are the only 2 I've heard mentioned. Anybody know the others??

This is just flat-out un-freakin-believable!!

BeeWare, sorry, I mean Father Wasp, another post to get rid of Gailey. Do you have any different posts?

rolleyes.gif

Back