Carl Lawson, GT Running Back 1990 Team needs our help

law_bee

Dodd-Like
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140#S=140&F=2938&T=370974

I found a listing in today's (Fri., 4/6) Gwinnett Daily Post noting that Carl Lawson who played for GT in the late 80's and early 90's (on the National Championship Team) needs a kidney transplant and a run/walk is being held Sunday, 4/29 in Suwanee to help raise the $25,000 to help him get the first step needed in getting on the list.
Folks, I contacted Jason Goggans who is listed as the contact in the paper and he sent me a flyer. I am pasting some of the information and hope some of you can support one of Tech's own.
Carl is listed on the 1989 roster as #22, FB R-Jr. from Brooklyn, NY. I cannot find any of my old programs for the prior and 1990 season.

If you wish to participate you may go to www.suwannejubilee.com to register. This will allow you to register on-line via active.com. There is an application. I am reluctant to paste it here and will research whether there is a way to link it

5k Run/Walk for Carl
Sunday, April 29, 2007 8:30 a.m.

The first annual 5k run/walk to raise funding for Carl Lawson’s new kidney. Help us save his life! Our goal is to raise the $25,000 that he desperately needs to get on the kidney donor list!!! This is a
non-profit run/walk with all proceeds going to the National Foundation for Transplants Georgia Kidney Fund in Carl’s name. The funds will then be held in an account until a kidney becomes available for Carl.

Ages Runners/Walkers of all ages are welcome!!
Location The race will take place on April 29th, 2007 at the Suwanee Jubilee at 1500 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard , Suwanee, GA 30024 www.suwaneejubilee.com
Registration
Deadline to pre-register is April 22, 2007 (must be postmarked by 04/22/2007). Walk-ups are always welcome!
Fees are as follows: Donate without particpating if you can, $25 race, not shirt, 35$ race plus shirt, walk-up race day and $35 no shirt.

Back