Castrated Turkeys vs Buckeyes

Hate to say it, but VT hung with the #1 team when they had their starting QB. This is,going to be a tough team to beat.

this was not the #1 team at full strength though...and VPI had all summer to get ready for this one.

They had a similar opening against Bama in 2009. So let's hope our season turns out similar as well.

What happened to the starting QB?

Techsideline posters started a bunch of injury threads about their opponents' players, and some of them celebrated causing Brewer to break his collarbone.

What happened to the starting QB?
Dead.

this was not the #1 team at full strength though...and VPI had all summer to get ready for this one.

They had a similar opening against Bama in 2009. So let's hope our season turns out similar as well.
VPI is really hard to guess with this early. Last year they open up looking like world beaters, then drop two to ECU and us. By late October they were losing to Pittsburgh and getting obliterated by Miami (and people can say what they want about Miami being good before the FSU game but they still lost three games that were not close and won no impressive games) before ending the year with a few wins.

Last year we caught VPI in Blacksburg when it was still conceivable that they may be a pretty good team despite losing to ECU. My bet is that this QB mess has them with a couple of highs but mostly very low lows by the time we play here and if they haven't burned the RS on their freshman who subsequently plays like babby Cam Newton as they're predicting, they're going to be a team in shambles ripe for dismantling.

Hate to say it, but VT hung with the #1 team when they had their starting QB. This is,going to be a tough team to beat.

Seriously, VT got a couple of breaks in the first half; then the tOSU came out in the second half and it looked like GT vs. Alcorn.

Also, bear in mind it's not like we ran away from them last year. This game will be a challenge. It always is.

Techsideline posters started a bunch of injury threads about their opponents' players, and some of them celebrated causing Brewer to break his collarbone.

:lol: good one!! So, really did he break his collar bone? I was streaming the game so watching without announcers is weird. Had no idea that it was a different QB the 2nd half until I commented here! Haha!

:lol: good one!! So, really did he break his collar bone? I was streaming the game so watching without announcers is weird. Had no idea that it was a different QB the 2nd half until I commented here! Haha!

Yes, he broke his collar bone. They are saying he will be out 5 weeks.

He will be back by the time we play them? Was it his throwing arm? Fingers crossed....

Even if it takes the full 8 weeks, he will be back by mid November. I hope he recovers quickly, but the rust makes him throw 4 picks in our game.

It was his non-throwing arm.

And we pressured Brewer into throwing 3 picks to us last year. Take out the BS fumble-recovery TD their offense scored and we held them to 16 points. I'm not sure we want them rolling out a dual threat QB against us rather than a single threat QB who can't even do that one thing particularly well.

Their offense was never the issue. The problem is them squeaking out a game because their defense held us to <30 again and possibly closer to 17-20.

Back