CBS Bowl Projections (on the money)

Ramblin Buzz

Varsity Lurker
These are the newest CBS bowl projections, and I feel they are pretty much on the money, baring any surprises with the BCS teams of course, i.e. Iowa losing, etc.

I am reading more and more that the Tangerine has an interest in UVa for some reason. I'd prefer the Tangerine, but more and more it looks like Tires for GT.

I think UGA-FSU is a very real possibility for the Sugar Bowl.

CBS Sportsline

It's odd that the Tangerine (or anybody else, for that matter) would get excited about UVa. They are notoriously bad at selling their bowl ticket allotment.

Originally posted by mm42:
It's odd that the Tangerine (or anybody else, for that matter) would get excited about UVa. They are notoriously bad at selling their bowl ticket allotment.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They're playing exciting football, though. How much does holding a TV audience count in the Bowl calculus?

I was wondering if UVA got beat by UMA if the Tangerine would still be interested....

I can see Clemmons, NCSU and UVA all losing this weekend....Easily...If this happens, how would these 3 losses affect our bowl potential?

Continental Tire Bowl, SITE: Charlotte, N.C. Sat., Dec. 28 West Virginia vs. Georgia TechBig East No. 4/5 vs. ACC No. 5/6
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Has everyone made their travel plans yet? Its in the bank.

Originally posted by Ramblin Buzz:
These are the newest CBS bowl projections, and I feel they are pretty much on the money, baring any surprises with the BCS teams of course, i.e. Iowa losing, etc.

I am reading more and more that the Tangerine has an interest in UVa for some reason. I'd prefer the Tangerine, but more and more it looks like Tires for GT.

I think UGA-FSU is a very real possibility for the Sugar Bowl.

CBS Sportsline
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Iowa has finished their regular season so that would be a huge suprise. I could get excited about the Tangerine or Continental Tire. Is there any chance VT falls that far? The Tangerine will probably have a more exciting opponent but a much worse game date. Bowls before Christmas are a tough sell to traveling fans. On a side note I was very disapointed to see that the Seattlle Bowl has changed their affiliation from the Pac10 to the MW.

I don't know.

I'm starting to think Clemson is a lock for the Tire Bowl if they beat the Cocks. (7 wins + they beat Tech). They're drooling over the proximity of all those orange-clad fans.

Looks like the Tangerine is flirting with UVa since their win last week and our poor offensive show. UVa will give UMd a game this weekend at Scott Stadium.

If UVa and Clemson win this weekend everything is up in the air. UVa could possibly snatch the Gator if the bowls wait until after 12/7 (and they beat VT).

I almost feel sorry for Wake. They're gonna get 'chop blocked' again (pun intended) - even if they win the last 2 games.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
They're playing exciting football, though. How much does holding a TV audience count in the Bowl calculus?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good point - that consideration may be on equal footing with ticket sales these days.

On a side note I was very disapointed to see that the Seattlle Bowl has changed their affiliation from the Pac10 to the MW.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If they had any sense they'd change the whole thing to something more regional, at least West of the Mississippi. Of course, that'd mean one less bowl game for the ACC but I can't see them getting much fan support from the East coast for a minor bowl game.

If all 7 teams qualify for bowls I would almost guarantee you that you will see Tech in an outside bowl. The ACC will not want to leave Wake out in the cold again and it would be huge to have 7 out of 9 in bowl games. Watch the out of conference games this weekend because I think they will determine where we go.

Also, did you notice that the Seattle Bowl is basically anticipating that the ACC won't bring a crowd no matter who they send? They are working hard on getting UW in the game so they will be guaranteed good ticket sales. The scary part is that this could mean that Tech may end up back in that bowl because Tech's ability to travel won't really matter.

Originally posted by GTPilot:
If all 7 teams qualify for bowls I would almost guarantee you that you will see Tech in an outside bowl. The ACC will not want to leave Wake out in the cold again and it would be huge to have 7 out of 9 in bowl games. Watch the out of conference games this weekend because I think they will determine where we go.

Also, did you notice that the Seattle Bowl is basically anticipating that the ACC won't bring a crowd no matter who they send? They are working hard on getting UW in the game so they will be guaranteed good ticket sales. The scary part is that this could mean that Tech may end up back in that bowl because Tech's ability to travel won't really matter.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I thought the Seattle Bowl now has a tie in with the MW instead of the Pac10 , how could they get UW. By the way, it is safe assumption that none of the ACC teams will travel well to that bowl so I don't blame them for trying to get a draw from that part of the country.

They are currently trying to buyout the MWC and sign a 1 year deal with the Pac 10 to get UW.

Back