CGC and CAT had the defense ready

To be fair..Clemson offense is garbage this year... They are very beatable...I will be surprised if they win the ACC... The real test will be UNC and Pitt...Lets talk about defense after those two games....

But have you seen their defense? They won't have to score much on offense to win.

But have you seen their defense? They won't have to score much on offense to win.
There will always be that one Saturday that you run into a hot offense and get smoked

That's why Kirby blew his Title trying to win with a low ceiling game manager vs Saban claiming more Titles by evolving and slinging it all around the yard

Saban went from 3yds-and-a-cloud-of-dust Coaching to now having 3 NFL starters under the age of 25 (Tua, Hurts, Mac Jones) , compare that evolution to what Kirby has tried to do at uga by favoring game Mgrs over playmakers at QB

Now every Elite QB is looking at Bama when just 7-8 yrs ago elite QBs rarely looked at Bama, no more Greg McElroys for Bama

The defense played a great game, no doubt. We don't know if the Clemson offense is that great this year though. The UNC game will be a big test because they have shown they can score big.

There was a nastiness in our D that I haven’t seen in a long time.

Especially Carpenter (until his ejection). He absolutely concussed himself on that play and I hope he’s ok.

There was a nastiness in our D that I haven’t seen in a long time.

Especially Carpenter (until his ejection). He absolutely concussed himself on that play and I hope he’s ok.
Darn, he's out the first half vs UNC just when their QB is getting hot, time for a young guy to step up

We need to play the Young Guys on the OL, Wing Green, Leftwich, the Guard-Center Vaipula (sp?), lets get them in there

Time for GT to go to the Bobby Bowden - Mickey Andrews philosophy:

If an upperclassman has experience and "knows the playbook" vs a young player that is a better physical specimen, FSU would almost always go with Younger Player that is the better pure athlete

They would do that because FB is such a fast and unpredictable Gm that plays rarely unfold the way they are drawn up on a whiteboard and that the faster better Athlete will cause more chaos and problems for the opposing Team

I'm tired of older Players that are playing because they know the playbook and then they still make mental errors, might as well go with the Kids

To be fair..Clemson offense is garbage this year... They are very beatable...I will be surprised if they win the ACC... The real test will be UNC and Pitt...Lets talk about defense after those two games....

Gimme a ööööing break. You're just mad because that game was closer than anything St PJ rolled out since 2014. CGC and Crew prepared our D well & deserve credit for that - better than any D St PJ ever threw at 'em. Dumbo said as much in the postgame: "We'd never seen what they threw at us".

Give the team some credit and let go of your hero. He ain't comin' back.

Turns out the preparation by Coach Thacker is what kept this game so close (per Dabo Swinney):

“One major issue, according to Dabo Swinney: Georgia Tech completely altered what it typically does on defense to face Clemson. That is a risky move, but it worked today, as Clemson was completely ill prepared to move the ball against the Ramblin’ Wreck.“

Back