Chair-back "Stinger?" seats

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Just got my season tickets a few minutes ago but didn't think to ask while on the line about getting the stadium seats that you can pay to have them affixed onto your seat. Are those called Stinger seats and do you get them through the same AA representative that I got my season tickets from?

Just got my season tickets a few minutes ago but didn't think to ask while on the line about getting the stadium seats that you can pay to have them affixed onto your seat. Are those called Stinger seats and do you get them through the same AA representative that I got my season tickets from?
You can call them and add them. I suggest getting them to mark off your territory against the mutts

When my dad was still alive I got us Stinger seats because it was an added comfort for him. However, when I moved to aisle seats I got rid of them because of the in-and-out traffic in my row during the game -they basically just got in the way.

I'm not worried about standing up. I want them because I've had times before where "calorically challenged" people beside me press over onto my seat. I'm using these like @JJacket recommends as a way to "mark my territory".

We used seats to block off space as well. Thing is, the stinger seats are bigger than the tiny plot of bleacher GT gives you. So you can use the seats to encroach on your neighbors’ territory as well.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who used to get annoyed by people telling their friends from another section to come squeeze into the space next to them. The Stinger seats are pretty good at staking out your territory. It's probably not as much of an issue if you have crappy seats that nobody wants anyway, but if you pay extra to get good seats, you have to deal with the freeloaders.

Stinger seats are good at defining your space and great for bottom insulation for the rare cold game. On the downside they push you forward so your knees are closer to the person in front of you. I prefer to simply sit on the bench but SHMBO prefers the cushion.

Considering it looked like about 60% of the stadium was mutts last visit, I'd still pay for the seats.
I am but I'm hoping that there aren't a lot of them in the 11th row on the 45 yard line.

We used seats to block off space as well. Thing is, the stinger seats are bigger than the tiny plot of bleacher GT gives you. So you can use the seats to encroach on your neighbors’ territory as well.

I've always wanted GT to prove that they could fit an entire row with these things.

Taking a seat or two off each row in each section would improve Gameday experience greatly; not like we are selling it out anyways.

Stinger seats are good at defining your space and great for bottom insulation for the rare cold game. On the downside they push you forward so your knees are closer to the person in front of you. I prefer to simply sit on the bench but SHMBO prefers the cushion.

We got them one year, and the flip side is that they are butt-sweat incubators for the hot games.

I've gotten the Stinger Seats for years, mainly because I want a back rest for my bad back. Be aware that they sit a little forward on the bench, so that you tend to be sitting closer to the row in front of you, and a little further back from the row behind you, than you would be without them.

Last year I had a peculiar problem. The seat is made of some kind of thick plastic with a zipper, and inside the seat is the foam. That foam is usually wrapped in thin plastic (akin to a grocery bag) to keep water off the foam. But if the plastic liner gets a rip, the foam turns into a sponge... and you will have a wet seat for weeks after the last rainfall. It doesn't dry out at all, so eventually I resorted to pulling out the foam and trying to wring it out myself. It was astounding how much water that seat retained. And it was a big pain. I know I looked comedic doing this in the middle of the game.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who used to get annoyed by people telling their friends from another section to come squeeze into the space next to them. The Stinger seats are pretty good at staking out your territory. It's probably not as much of an issue if you have crappy seats that nobody wants anyway, but if you pay extra to get good seats, you have to deal with the freeloaders.
This times 1000%.

Season tickets on sale today?
If you put an early deposit down you should have gotten a call from ticket office to finalize your purchase and pick seats. Got mine done today. Stinger seats are $45 extra per seat for the season. I don't need the seat I just want to have the defined space. We bought cheap tickets because we probably wont make all the games, and I'll just pay the $10 to rent them when we get to the game if it's a game I think will be packed and want to be sure I have my defined space. Plus if you rent them at the game, they haven't already been installed and likely rained on.

SHMBO? Did you mean "Who" or did she attend UVA (Hoo)?

Is it possible to hire a "czar" to take care of the riff raff that may encroach?

Last edited:
Back