Change of subject - If you live in Atlanta...

chilidogking

Damn Good Rat
and care ANYTHING aout sports, GO TO THE BRAVES GAMES this week.

The Bravos have a ridiculous first round draw against the Cubs in a short series. Ortiz is throwing against Wood tomorrow night. This series should really be awesome.

Of course, Atlanta continues to be the whipping post of the national media. All those morons on ESPN take every shot they can get at the city and the fans.

So if you're in town, get out and support the Braves Tuesday and Wednesday nights. They can finish them off Friday in Chicago and I can focus all of my attention on how we are going to pummel NC State on Saturday. (Note to Chan haters, please do not use the last sentence as a reason to highjack this post)

PS - I hate all the Bowdens.

You are a good man to support the Bravos.

I quit after the early 90's player strike. The part where Glavine stood and said, "Baseball players can not be expected to continue to play for slave wages," really got me worked up.

Glavine's gone and it's been years. I should let it go shouldn't I?

Originally posted by techfowl:
I quit after the early 90's player strike. The part where Glavine stood and said, "Baseball players can not be expected to continue to play for slave wages," really got me worked up.

Glavine's gone and it's been years. I should let it go shouldn't I?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually, I can understand your position. I will never again support Tom Glavine, but I suppose as a big union guy he had no choice but to take the highest offer last year. I actually might have been able to forgive this if it wasn't for the fact that he went to play for the freaking Mets.

On the bright side for him, at least he gets October as an extra month of vacation now.

sorry CDK, I am still on my boycott.

I sat as a little kid during the early 80's in Fulton County with my Grandfather up in the nose bleeds for so many years. We were part of the actual 3,000 that showed up.

I lived for going to games with my Grandfather. It was a very special time for me. It was a bond we built and still shared. The World Series in 95 was one of the greates sports moments of my life. I waited a LONG time for that. Things had started to change with the strike though. Corporate takeovers and higher beer prices. Major League Baseball turned into a bunch of crybabies (on both sides) making millions of dollars at the expense of one of the nation's treasures. I stuck with it as a season ticket holder for a few more years.

Then the worst thing happened. Beer prices hit $7.75. That is insane. My season tickets kept going up, the beer prices kept going up, and the crowds kept caring less about the game that was actually going on.

I left the game. I choose to remember it for what it was. I want no part of it now. Maybe it will return to what it was one day. I don't know, but I sincerely hope those who can make it will cheer hard for the Braves. Silently, I will be cheering for them to.

OK, Beeserk,

Just when I think you can't get any dumber, you pull a stunt like this - - and TOTALLY redeem yourself!

(The beer price comment was damn funny.)

On strike here too... I quit supporting the Braves the last time these multi-million $ golden boys went on strike. Never went back and have been exclusively supporting college athletics ever since.

My motto: "If you build it. They will come... to Bobby Dodd."

--BuzzBomb

**** Support Tech Baseball ****

Go Cubs - because Wrigley Field is the greatest place to attend a Baseball game. I started going to Cubs games when I moved up here on the Witness Protection Program - it's a pleasant break from reality. "IF" the Cubs were to make it to" the World Serious" - for all you Bullwinkle Fans - Chicago would just party itself into oblivion - the Miracle Mile would be paved in gold - and Harry Carey would come back from the dead.

I gave up on the Braves when Glavine opened his mouth during the strike - never thought of him or the team in the same manner after that - although I did follow the games, still do, and I like Bobby Cox.....

As we say up here from the rowdy bleachers in Chicago's historic Wrigley Field - "Shut up and drink your beer".
Go Cubs!!!

Back