Character

Valdosta_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone else think our defense hasn't gotten enough credit for the goal line stands the past two weeks? I think there were a few against VT, but even in OT after VT was on the 1 yard line, our D never gave up and forced them to kick the field goal. Against PC after the disastrous goal line fumble, our D held held them for four downs inside the 10... I think our D is the best unit this year. People keep yapping about the strength of our OL, but I just haven't seen it.

The defense has definitely played well first two games, except for the 0:44 meltdown. The futile goal line stand at the end of the VT game was encouraging.

This Saturday is a big test to see whether our defense has actually improved. Last year UVA put up 272 rushing yards, and their running back Jones had a season-high 180+ passing/receiving yards against us. We were helpless to stop them toward the end of the game; they ran out the clock on us. UVA returns that running back and their QB, so unless their OL is depleted they should be just as good or better.

Back