Charleston Post and Courier ranks all ACC and SEC coaches

CPJ is easily in the top half overall, but he's 4th in the Coastal.

http://www.postandcourier.com/colum...cle_ee7a9030-26c1-11e7-a609-0b854134caaa.html
Those rankings are horrible. Jim McElwain won the east in both his two opportunities, but he's below Mark Richt who hasn't won one in the past four years. Ed Orgeron over the likes of CPJ and Justin Fuentes? On what possible basis? Narduzzi higher ranked than CPJ or Cutcliffe or Fedora or Fuentes? Huh?

You get the feeling this was written by fans... who like to project from a season or two to many years of greatness that must inevitably lie ahead.

Got to love a complete ranking that can't even make it to the fifth spot without serious idiocy. Looks like the CFP committee methodology of systematizing subjective analysis has infected all of CFB with stupidity.

Perhaps triple-option football bores you. Or perhaps you like any form of consistency.
What the öööö sort of explanation is this? Who the öööö is this moron talking to? Is he asking the reader a question? That is the kind of garbage you write when you've already finished writing the first three guys on the list and exhausted your hot-as-öööö takes. Well, I can lend him one more.

I thankfully do not know you personally, Mr. Sukapoof, but I mean this in the most personal way possible: Because your crimes, in this single "article" alone, against the written word and coherent thought are so abhorrent and witless, I hope with as much sincerity and animus as I am capable of that tomorrow you mistakenly walk into a women's restroom and the sight of your repulsive visage so horrifies a young girl that she screams as though she is being murdered, which would be preferable to being in your presence. I pray that her ear-piercing shriek draws the attention of several large and angry hillbillies and upon seeing your repugnant, morally reprehensible face, they set upon you with a rage so fierce, a hatred so pure and powerful that, in addition to the indescribable physical anguish you experience as they beat you with every ounce of strength they can summon, their raw disgust inflicts an agony upon your mind and soul which begins to physically warp your brain until chunks of it are finally torn free by the jagged, yellow, broken teeth of a 300lb man wearing only overalls named Junior JR. If any justice has ever existed in our world, the last information you will know and understand, before your skull is cracked open on a filthy Walmart floor beneath the grotesquely deformed foot of a man who can only achieve orgasm with his grandmother's rancid panties stuffed into his mouth, is the realization that you deserve this and that dying in incomprehensible torment is the only positive thing you have done in your inexcusably long existence. Just before the life finally leaves your vile body, I hope that you will hear as the air escapes your skull through a massive gash over your ear and that you understand that sound to be the universe sighing with relief to be rid of you, at last.

I'm gonna figure it was Gene Sapakoff who wrote the piece. He's been at the P&C a good long while. And remember, it's not an article; it's a column. He can give his opinion, no matter how dumb or twisted, in a column. You're supposed to avoid delving into opinion in an article. Not everybody does, though. If it's in print and you see his picture, it's odds on it's a column. Online, however, more sites include the author mugshot now, so it's hard to determine what's supposed to be an opinion piece and what isn't it.
But yeah, Orgeron isn't > than ... well ... anybody else coaching.

Mr. Sakapoff:

tumblr_mgfozleELP1r426i4o7_r1_250.gif

People have a short memory with CPJ. 3 ACC COYs to go along with his NCOY with Navy. The problem I have with these lists is when I think "coaching" I think gameplanning and gameday decision-making. When in reality most people would include recruiting. In terms of the first 2 I'm not sure CPJ wouldn't be #1. But I don't think #11 is unfair from an overall standpoint. Having Fuente above him is more of a "power ranking" move I'd think. VT could easily lose 6/7 games this year with the talent they lost and some bad bounces. Not to mention the ass-whipping CPJ handed out with a backup QB and three true frosh on the OL.

It's this simple: how do you think the coaches would do if given equal resources. Judging criteria includes everything from gameday coaching to recruiting. Here's how I'd rank em:

1) Saban
2) Swinney
3) Fisher
4) Johnson

IMO, Petrino and Richt are the only other two with a legit argument to be above PJ, and I don't buy Richt, since he hasn't achieved much more than PJ despite a massive resource advantage.

It's this simple: how do you think the coaches would do if given equal resources. Judging criteria includes everything from gameday coaching to recruiting. Here's how I'd rank em:

1) Saban
2) Swinney
3) Fisher
4) Johnson

IMO, Petrino and Richt are the only other two with a legit argument to be above PJ, and I don't buy Richt, since he hasn't achieved much more than PJ despite a massive resource advantage.
I like the idea... but of course it is not so easy to determine who has what "resources" – especially since in GT-code that usually means "crip courses." Not a lot of programs are upfront about that. But in this theoretical world in which they are all playing IROC football... I'd say Johnson is as good a coach as any of 'em.

If you're gonna be swayed by the other three having national championships, then you're not really being true to the hypothetical. (Of course, in hypothetical world it is really hard to argue against Larry Kehres being the greatest coach ever. Look it up.)

I like the idea... but of course it is not so easy to determine who has what "resources" – especially since in GT-code that usually means "crip courses." Not a lot of programs are upfront about that. But in this theoretical world in which they are all playing IROC football... I'd say Johnson is as good a coach as any of 'em.

If you're gonna be swayed by the other three having national championships, then you're not really being true to the hypothetical. (Of course, in hypothetical world it is really hard to argue against Larry Kehres being the greatest coach ever. Look it up.)
I agree. I think you could easily make an argument for CPJ to be ahead of Fisher, especially if you consider PJ's titles at Southern. I think Saban has won so many MNC's that he's the clear #1, and Swinney's rise at Clemson has made him the clear #2.

Ed Orgeron sounds like the redneck from the waterboy spent 30 years in a West Virginia coal mine. He may be one hell of a defensive coach but he will be out at LSU in two seasons or less (Les).

Those rankings are horrible. Jim McElwain won the east in both his two opportunities, but he's below Mark Richt who hasn't won one in the past four years. Ed Orgeron over the likes of CPJ and Justin Fuentes? On what possible basis? Narduzzi higher ranked than CPJ or Cutcliffe or Fedora or Fuentes? Huh?

You get the feeling this was written by fans... who like to project from a season or two to many years of greatness that must inevitably lie ahead.
The SEC East has been a öööö show the last few years. To be fair, Richt failed to win when it was a öööö show towards the end of his tenure, but by then he was severely hampered by his base. Before then, the East actually had decent coaches (such as Urban Meyer, Spurrier, etc.).

With that defense of Richt, he is totally overrated. My problem is that there really are not very many good SEC coaches. They are all being carried by a combination of the school brand name, and the fact that Saban raises the entire SEC's profile.

I have special insight enabling me to assert that CPJ and Bret Bielema do not belong next to each other in this poll.

Bielema gets more points for being at poor little Arkansas than CPJ gets for being at poor little GT.

Back