Charlie Thomas

Hope he’s not too banged up after all the hits he delivered last night. Need him full strength for Pitt.

I think Thomas is the main reason we’ve been running as much 3-3-5 as we have. Nothing against the interior DL but Thomas, Jackson and Eley are all better playmakers. We usually rush one of them anyway.

Charlie is deserving of All-ACC at this point.

I do think the DL is playing the best it has in about a decade and it is contributing to the LBs making plays.

Charlie is deserving of All-ACC at this point.

I do think the DL is playing the best it has in about a decade and it is contributing to the LBs making plays.
Yep. LBs look a lot better then the DL can hold it own.
That said, with Thomas and Eley we are much bigger/faster than I can remember in a long time at LB

Don't diss DL. They are keeping the LB's clean, which did not always happen in the past.

I think you misunderstood, it looks like he's attributing the improved LB play, in part, to improved DL play.

I think you misunderstood, it looks like he's attributing the improved LB play, in part, to improved DL play.
Yea. DL playing well frees up our LB to make plays.
Hard for LBs to play well if a DT is getting pushed in their lap, or a offensive gaurd is getting on the LB 3 yards downfield.
DL play has been the key to our success the last two weeks. Even more impressive that they are holding their own with a 3 man front

I think Thomas is the main reason we’ve been running as much 3-3-5 as we have. Nothing against the interior DL but Thomas, Jackson and Eley are all better playmakers. We usually rush one of them anyway.
It's not too bad depending on situation you can squeeze your DL to fit the need... obvious run downs can be a heavier DL across board in 3-3-5 we got several DTs in the 280-300 range that fit fine in a DE set at times

Back