Chico Bennett leaving

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like

Do we just need a comings and goings thread at this point? Good luck, Chico!

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
He played a lot last year then got hurt. He played a good bit this year too.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Not sure what happened... coach praised him up and down last year. Outside of AB, he may have been our most impactful true freshman during the 2019 season. Then it appeared he was beat out by both Kennard and Ivey this year for PT.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
That room is pretty full and only getting even more crowded. Chico was a good player but somebody was going to leave eventually and it was going to be somebody good. Look at who is still in that room:

Curtis Ryans
Jordan Domineck
Jared Ivey
Kyle Kennard
Sylvain Yondjouen
Kevin Harris transferring in from Bama
and possibility of Clayton returning.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
I was a big Chico fan last season and thought this kid would be an impact player for us. That being said, @GoGATech just showed us how crowded the room is -and will be.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Well, this is different. I guess to be expected but it is wild. So many players leaving and coming.

I wonder if this is the new standard OPs or will settle down over the years.

I have no idea how UGA. Bama and Clemson keep so many good players happy sitting on the bench for a year or 2. I guess our players have different motivation at this time so it will be interesting to see if/when it stabilizes.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Ivey looks like he's going to be a contributor. Kennard has some upside and Domineck played really well.
The rest in that room? As the man said, don't confuse numbers with depth.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Ivey looks like he's going to be a contributor. Kennard has some upside and Domineck played really well.
Sylvain was our best DE when he went down. Ryans also played well before he missed a few games. Those guys aren't just "numbers."

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Well, this is different. I guess to be expected but it is wild. So many players leaving and coming.

I have no idea how UGA. Bama and Clemson keep so many good players happy sitting on the bench for a year or 2. I guess our players have different motivation at this time so it will be interesting to see if/when it stabilizes.
Covid isn’t helping. There’s nothing that these players can do to take their minds off of school, football, and covid.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Sylvain also played well but got hurt 2 or 3 games in.

Sylvain/Ivey at SDE and Domineck/Kennard at WDE should be fairly solid. Harris incoming, who knows? And then there is Clayton, Ryans, Casey, Owens, plus the recruits Collins and Robinson (both 5.7 rated on Rivals.)

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like

I think this is the new normal. The transfer portal will be our saving grace for a while because we have to divest ourselves of several players. Three or four leaving and three or four transferring in each year will change the roster pretty fast.

bonham

Dodd-Like
Sylvain was our best DE when he went down. Ryans also played well before he missed a few games. Those guys aren't just "numbers."
Ryans was a monster in the FSU game and then just kinda seemed to disappear.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Wut. Even if Clayton decides not to return it’s still debatable whether Ivey or Kennard will crack a traditional 2 deep next year with Domineck, Youndjen, Ryans, and now Harris around.

Don’t confuse quality depth with numbers.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I think we will have a plus rotation at DE now the babies have some experience. Don't know if the injuries will have lasting consequences on Ryans etc.

Clayton, if he is healthy and unleashed, could be a monster. May never find out, but the ability is there.