Chip Long Interview

Has been on the road recruiting ever since he's been hired. He's going to get into the weight room with the guys to watch them lift, see how they work and build relationships. Physicality is very important to him. Wants to be able to run the ball when we want to run the ball. That's how you win games in the 4th Qtr. Likes to have a base personnel package (either 21 or 12 it sounds like). Likes to present difference formations using that same personnel grouping to prevent defenses from being able to sub their guys. Believes in using the Tight End to create mismatches. Believes in "broad blocking surfaces." Jeff Sims will be the first guy we roll out there at QB, but it's on him to work and do the things we expect of our starting QB.

I am excite.

Pretty much just needed that glimmer of hope that this guy can turn his side of the ball around. Whereas Collins should be more hands on with these defense, helping those guys figure things out. Only one way the defense can go honestly. They were total öööö, especially on the back end.

I am excite.

Pretty much just needed that glimmer of hope that this guy can turn his side of the ball around. Whereas Collins should be more hands on with these defense, helping those guys figure things out. Only one way the defense can go honestly. They were total öööö, especially on the back end.
I like the sound of trying to maul people, which is the theme I heard from him.

Don’t know if we’ll pull it off, but it’s a style of football I enjoy watching.

I didn’t listen and won’t. The only thing matters are results. No knock on Long as he may end up being the greatest hire of all time. But I’m way past words from anyone associated with the program. I hope we go undefeated and Collins is coach of the year, but I‘m not listening to anything until the post game presser at MBS.

He reminds me of Chip Kelly. Mind is going 100 mph while answering questions.

I think he might even be better then we think.

Why did he fail at Tulane?
Who knows? Why did Chip Kelly fail in Philadelphia? Did he hit his head on a rock on the way there? I'm comfortable with my gut feeling about this guy and if I'm wrong then I'm sure some law firm that hires William Shatner will be in touch and I'll have to pony up.

Till then, I reserve the right to be jacked.

I didn’t listen and won’t. The only thing matters are results. No knock on Long as he may end up being the greatest hire of all time. But I’m way past words from anyone associated with the program. I hope we go undefeated and Collins is coach of the year, but I‘m not listening to anything until the post game presser at MBS.
You should add not posting to the list of things you won’t do. We won’t mind.

You’re way past words, yet you feel the need to type yours out in a thread about an interview of the new OC whose current record is 0-0 at Tech. GFY

I like the sound of trying to maul people, which is the theme I heard from him.

Don’t know if we’ll pull it off, but it’s a style of football I enjoy watching.
The thought of playing physical football next year gives me some hope next year could be better. I’m tired of soft football, time to start hitting some people instead of dancing around all game.

Who knows? Why did Chip Kelly fail in Philadelphia? Did he hit his head on a rock on the way there? I'm comfortable with my gut feeling about this guy and if I'm wrong then I'm sure some law firm that hires William Shatner will be in touch and I'll have to pony up.

Till then, I reserve the right to be jacked.
Probably because his offensive philosophy is to exploit personnel mismatches that didn't exist with the personnel he had and will have here. I hope I'm wrong.

Translation: "I don't know öööö but I'm gonna bitch and complain". Go öööö yourself, loser.

Back